What are you currently playing through?
05-15-2017, 07:55 PM
RE: What are you currently playing through?
shoot me an invite. ingame name is xlom.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2017, 08:46 PM
(05-15-2017 07:55 PM)xlom3000 Wrote:  shoot me an invite. ingame name is xlom.

Will do. I'll probably download it tomorrow or Wednesday. :cool:

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]
^Still adding PC games...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-14-2017, 08:48 AM
I was currently playing Fallout 4 again until I received Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age in the mail for my PS4. And eh, I've racked up over 20 hours in less than 3 days. I guess I really do like FFXII. Grin Took a break from everything else.

07-14-2017, 04:17 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2017 04:21 PM by ctophil.)
I've been playing Beyond Oasis on the Sega Genesis. They say it's similar to Zelda...I guess so. The action/adventure elements are similar. But the game is very linear. You do explore the overworld for treasure chests and in the dungeons. That's about it. The dungeons are not as well designed as the original Zelda. There are few tricky spots where you gotta be a little observant to proceed through the caves. However, it's not like Zelda where you literally have to blow up walls or be pretty clever with switches to move forward. Instead, you have 4 elemental magic summons to break ice or extinguish fire at pathways blocking your journey. You also have switches to deal with, but the puzzles are simple (i.e. push a rock to put on the switch).

Overall though, it's still a fun game with 16-bit graphics. The graphics and music are top-notch. The graphics are so colorful and animation so fluid, you wouldn't know it's on the Genesis. The composer for the game is Yuzo Koshiro (Ys series, Actraiser, Streets of Rage). Too bad this game didn't come out for the SNES. Otherwise, the music would be even better. I look forward to playing the prequel as well, The Legend of Oasis for Sega Saturn.
07-14-2017, 05:07 PM
(07-14-2017 04:17 PM)ctophil Wrote:  I've been playing Beyond Oasis on the Sega Genesis. They say it's similar to Zelda...I guess so. The action/adventure elements are similar. But the game is very linear. You do explore the overworld for treasure chests and in the dungeons. That's about it. The dungeons are not as well designed as the original Zelda. There are few tricky spots where you gotta be a little observant to proceed through the caves. However, it's not like Zelda where you literally have to blow up walls or be pretty clever with switches to move forward. Instead, you have 4 elemental magic summons to break ice or extinguish fire at pathways blocking your journey. You also have switches to deal with, but the puzzles are simple (i.e. push a rock to put on the switch).

Overall though, it's still a fun game with 16-bit graphics. The graphics and music are top-notch. The graphics are so colorful and animation so fluid, you wouldn't know it's on the Genesis. The composer for the game is Yuzo Koshiro (Ys series, Actraiser, Streets of Rage). Too bad this game didn't come out for the SNES. Otherwise, the music would be even better. I look forward to playing the prequel as well, The Legend of Oasis for Sega Saturn.

The tiny bit I've played of Beyond Oasis I liked. I do agree though that if it was on the SNES the color and audio fidelity would be top-notch! Still, it is one of the rare good games for the Genesis, and for whom I need to finish one day.

08-23-2017, 11:36 AM
playing WAY too much Playerunknown's Battleground. Nvidia just added a new Shadowplay Highlights feature to Geforce Experience. games it supports can automatically capture moments and then at the end of the match it asks which ones you want to save. I put it to the test last night and this morning.

Works fucking great.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...4Y6wrs_l_P

also pubg is super fun. 99 players are air dropped onto an island. only one to four (depending on if you are playing solo, duo or 4 player squad) will come out victorious. The queues are seperated, so if you solo queue, you'll always be in a game where everyone else is solo. Duo's, everyone is a team of 2 and squads all players are 4 man squads
09-13-2017, 06:52 PM
Drake's Fortune ... What can I say, the game is pretty good, I like the story and on a moderate difficulty this game is even better, but crushing difficulty albeit not even the highest is still breaking my balls try after try after try. Measured by the normal difficulty you only have 50% health and enemies deal quadruple damage, it's just insane with the amount of gunfights you have in the first game. Four or sometimes even more enemies rush you while other enemies with grenade launchers or snipers provide backup and here I am, too eager and determined to finish the game on crushing on my first playthrough. Sometimes I really wish I was less of an achievement whore Anger
Yesterday, 06:38 PM
Well I finished my first platinum trophy and wanted to continue with Among Thieves, but it really feels mentally exhausting to do it, so I just bought a few more on sale games, but I guess I shouldn't have gone with Persona 5 as the next game. It looks really cool and there are lots of things to do like train your skills, maintain relations and stuff, but I'm 10h playtime into the game and I haven't even finished the first dungeon. That's rather obscene Bouncy
Yesterday, 06:49 PM
I take it you're enjoying your PS4?

Today, 06:05 PM
I sure do, there are quite a few games that I never played before because they were PS/console exclusive and especially with Persona it'll keep me occupied for quite a long time. I think I'm 11h into the game and I still haven't finished the first dungeon. There are so many different things to do and all of them take time.
Today, 07:18 PM
I'm glad you're enjoying it. Maybe one day you can get an XBOX. ;)

What's your PSN name? You can PM it to me if you want.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Time playing games -- starts to get scary when you start to think about it JCE3000GT 8 1,758 03-22-2016 04:28 PM
Last Post: ctophil