I just cannot have nice things
06-15-2017, 12:54 PM
I just cannot have nice things
I just cannot have nice things.

Some idiot apparently couldn't tell the difference between the gas and the brake when trying to merge out of a lane that was ending or she was just an idiot. I gave her plenty of room (3/4 to 1 car length) and was going slow so she could merge over after I merged. But no, she starts to merge and then slams on her brakes in a panic because she was getting close to the cones. I wasn't able to stop soon enough because I was not expecting her to panic stop after she already started merging. So we collided @ ~10mph which was just enough to do damage but not deploy the airbag.

Immediately after the collision what does she do? Sit there while we block traffic, then call her husband who showed up. What do I do? Immediately call 911 like a responsible citizen. Am I able to get her information? No, her husband blocks me. The LEO (law enforcement officer) told her to move and she still sits there for a couple minutes. I will say the LEO was at least able to see that she was primarily at fault but said Texas being a no fault state her insurance company will determine fault. And unsurprisingly they blamed us both when I called to submit the claim. Somehow I get partial blame for this idiot's actions? Screw that!

We are just 1 week away from our road trip in my Charger and this sh*t happens. Barely 4,000 miles on my new car too. LAME!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: card.png]

Total games not including duplicates as of February 28th 2017: 1,276 (link to list)
Total guides not including duplicates as of February 28th 2017: 61
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-2017, 03:27 PM
RE: I just cannot have nice things
Yeah, dude. I've driven through big cities like Atlanta, and people drive like it's the apocalypse or something. I saw a vehicle between I-20 and I-285 that was driving at over 100 miles an hour, ripping across 4 lanes in a straight line without waiting for any cars. It was madness.

Once again, sorry about the accident, especially with your new car. Well, since it's a a new car, the insurance company may send you an additional check to cover depreciation (from the accident) of the vehicle (on top of the repairs), depends on your policy. But that's what they do for new vehicles.

Not to sound sexist or anything, but women drivers can be very hesitant when it comes to knowing what to do on the road. They have a lot of fear and don't know what to do next. It's just who they are. Men drivers are more confident on the road. But that comes with drawbacks too. They are more aggressive drivers. That can cause problems in itself.

Similar events have happened to me before. People slamming on the breaks when they just merged over to my lane. I've had a ton of those incidents. What I do in those moments is slightly swerve to the side AND slam on my brakes if there is not enough reaction time. I know that's pretty hard to do. But it does save you from accidents. I also keep very long distances (about 2 cars or more) between myself and the next car. So if somebody does merge in front of me, there is still a lot of room for maneuver. Even at that distance, things will still happen.

Anyways, get your car fixed and then ask about automobile depreciation costs. See if they can reimburse you for that.
Find all posts by this user
06-16-2017, 11:28 AM
Thanks Phil. I usually try to always find an "out" if something happens but in this situation she took me totally off guard. I'm usually really good at navigating and preparation but even the best sometimes have an off day I suppose. Bah

This has totally filled up all of my time dealing with the insurance companies and such. Haven't had a chance to do anything. Bang Head

Total games not including duplicates as of February 28th 2017: 1,276 (link to list)
06-16-2017, 11:31 AM
I can't get a closeup cause my prick of an ISP has restricted my service for refusal to pay their erroneous bills (does $666 sound right for internet and a phone? >_$ Well, $666.60 to be exact).

But yes, I'm familiar with dodgy drivers trying to end my existence or just be general pains in the ass. More on that later, and my secret channel-the-road-rage techniques! Bouncy
06-16-2017, 02:58 PM
(06-16-2017 11:31 AM)Jarlaxle Wrote:  I can't get a closeup cause my prick of an ISP has restricted my service for refusal to pay their erroneous bills (does $666 sound right for internet and a phone? >_$ Well, $666.60 to be exact).

OUCH!!!!!!!!!

Quote:But yes, I'm familiar with dodgy drivers trying to end my existence or just be general pains in the ass. More on that later, and my secret channel-the-road-rage techniques! Bouncy

LOL Ancient Aussie secret?

06-20-2017, 12:51 PM
Dingoes inherited ancient dreamtime knowledge from huffing alcohol. That's why they're so good at Road Wars.

>current year
>don't have front and rear facing dashcams
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Things that move your heart Lotex 9 908 05-01-2016 01:01 PM
Last Post: JCE3000GT