Why "driverless" cars are lunacy and stupid
03-11-2017, 02:32 PM
Why "driverless" cars are lunacy and stupid
This is a hot button for me and I need to vent. Lets talk actual points. I'll use bullet points for for easy reading. This is a rant and therefore doesn't need any replies so I'm closing the thread. You want to reply feel free to private message or email me. :)

Jobs. Well paying jobs that require the use of a human driver will be gone and therefore more unemployed persons will increase. I don't like the idea of an entire industry basically being dissolved and thousands of people out of work.
Lost tax revenue. No drivers means no driver's licenses and thus no tax revenue for driver's license fees.
Emergencies. A computer cannot predict every eventual outcome, deal with construction, or have an "instinct" so I suspect the accident rate will not be reduced all that much. The navigation apps on both of our phones has a hard time even dealing with all the construction locally.
Congestion. These cars will not replace the need for cars on the motorways so traffic and such will continue.
Cost. You think these things will be cheap? If you want a real full sized vehicle able to actually fit human beings and their luggage good luck getting it for a reasonable price. Don't get me started if these cars get forced updated like our phones do and get marked for EOL (end of life) just because they want you to buy the newer model. (I'm looking at you Apple)
One more freedom gone. At some point these things will be forced to us and driving a car will be outlawed. I hope I'm not around when that happens. I should ride an equine to work as a matter of protest. Grin

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]
^Still adding PC games...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2017, 02:51 AM
RE: Why "driverless" cars are lunacy and stupid
Anyone who says job loss is inevitable for any reason - including automation and "migration" - is a shill for the managerial class.

On top of that, anyone who says that we must do anything to compete with other nations is either a moron or a shill because we don't need any other nation for trade. We - the USA, Europe, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada - can produce all the goods we need amongst ourselves. We don't need to export jobs to third world countries. We don't need to import third world workers to drive down our wages. Those who claim otherwise are the sort to sell off your manufacturing base to make a quick buck.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Managerial_state

Read "Leviathan and Its Enemies" for a better critique of the managerial class than I can make.

https://www.amazon.com/Leviathan-Its-Ene...159368049X
Find all posts by this user
07-20-2017, 10:44 PM
I'm with you on the jobs thing in terms of being able to be self sufficient. Those countries can most certainly do everything "in-house".

While job loss is a real thing it CAN be prevented or resolved--it won't because too many people make too much money on cheap international labor. It's a shame really. N

I'll read those links tomorrow at work on my downtime. :)

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]
^Still adding PC games...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-21-2017, 03:54 PM
A perfectly efficient marketplace would have no work for the poor or the middle class. We'd all starve to death in a techno-libertarian paradise.
Find all posts by this user