NES Classic Edition
07-14-2017, 06:19 PM
RE: NES Classic Edition
(07-14-2017 05:41 PM)ctophil Wrote:  
(07-14-2017 04:38 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote:  This makes me want to go this route Phil! All said and done what was the total cost w/shipping?

Well, I paid $126.80 for my system. It's actually cheaper on some import sites ($100) than Amazon. But the shipping makes it about the same price. I got mine from Amazon, since it's in the U.S. The price has since dropped down to $122.69. You can check it out here: https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-classic-...assic+mini

Now, here is the only problem I had with the Famicom Classic Mini. The controllers are smaller than your standard size Famicom controllers. Plus, like the original Famicom, they are hard-wired to the system. This means you can't switch out the controllers if you feel the wires are too short and/or controllers are too small for your hands. I guess Nintendo was going for the 100% nostalgic design.

BUT, there is a controller hack called the Nincade (also sold on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Mcbazel-NINCADE-C...=nincade). This hardware hack allows you to play with bluetooth, wireless controllers like the 8bitdo, PS3/PS4, and Wii/Wii U controllers. I have not tried out the Nincade yet. But I will do that in the near future. This would cost you an extra $35.99. It does cost $30 imported from Hong Kong web sites. But the shipping will make it the same.

Finally, if you are curious about the Famicom Classic Mini's power usage, it is your standard Micro USB. If you want to plug it into the wall outlet, you must use a 5W USB wall power adapter (similar to chargers for tablets and cell phones). Any 5W USB power adapter will work just fine. I'm using my tablet's charger to power the console. Or you could just plug it into your TV's USB outlet.

If you don't want to mess with it, I'll be glad to get a system fully hacked and ship it to you. No labor charges. Just a courtesy service from your friendly gamer. lol. :-)

Thanks Phil, good stuff as usual. Grin

If I get my quarterly bonus I'll take you up on that offer. Cheers!

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: card.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  SNES Classic Edition ctophil 8 205 06-27-2017 07:36 PM
Last Post: JCE3000GT
  [XBOX One/PS4/Switch/PC] Skyrim: Special Edition JCE3000GT 15 1,795 04-29-2017 02:48 PM
  Custom Classic Consoles ctophil 2 911 01-05-2015 07:45 PM
  Classic Run & Gun Video Game Survey jonnelyonne 2 2,227 04-28-2013 02:06 AM
Last Post: jonnelyonne