[SNES] NBA Jam TE mod
07-08-2012, 12:27 AM
[SNES] NBA Jam TE mod
This is an unnamed mod I'm working on. So far I've imported me into the game complete with realistic(ish) stats and last name. I may still change my own portrait, but, I wanted to see if it was possible to import me into the game successfully. The answer is yes. Grin

My plans are to import some other special players (like friend's & family) and even some secret players too! :cool:

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]
^Still adding PC games...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2012, 10:48 PM
RE: [SNES] NBA Jam TE mod
LOL enough said :P cool idea bro.
Find all posts by this user
07-24-2012, 11:13 PM
I've worked out some bugs and I've started importing some new people to the game!

Here's the list so far:
-Me
-My best bud
-Chuck Norris

Who's next:
-Mr. T
-Arnold Schwarzenegger (as "Terminator")
-Others TBA...

Teaser screenshot:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=5]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-07-2013, 11:09 PM
This looks great! I'm glad to see someone that's not completely against sports games lol. I'm actually planning on creating an editor for a sports game very soon... just need to brush up on my programming skills :)
02-08-2013, 09:05 AM
What game?

02-09-2013, 12:24 PM
Ken Griffey Jr.'s Winning Run. I know I know, baseball sucks lol. It is the first game I hacked waaaay back in the day, it's very easy to do, and I could change pretty much everything from the player's color, build, stats, names, positions, etc. I edited the Toronto Blue Jays to have their current roster (current back in 2001 anyway) but it was too time consuming to do every player for every team, all in a hex editor, which is why I want to make a utility, and possibly get some help from some baseball fans. The problem is, I haven't really programmed anything since 2003, and I've never worked with modifying data in a ROM, should be exciting though!
02-09-2013, 08:30 PM
A mod is a mod, if you improve on a game it's always a good thing!

Feel free to post a topic about it. :)

05-03-2013, 04:02 PM
(02-09-2013 12:24 PM)PJM82 Wrote:  Ken Griffey Jr.'s Winning Run. I know I know, baseball sucks lol. It is the first game I hacked waaaay back in the day, it's very easy to do, and I could change pretty much everything from the player's color, build, stats, names, positions, etc. I edited the Toronto Blue Jays to have their current roster (current back in 2001 anyway) but it was too time consuming to do every player for every team, all in a hex editor, which is why I want to make a utility, and possibly get some help from some baseball fans. The problem is, I haven't really programmed anything since 2003, and I've never worked with modifying data in a ROM, should be exciting though!

Do you have a doc with all the data for the game? I could write a utility to change some of the hex data when I get done with NBA Jam TE.

05-19-2013, 12:35 AM
(05-03-2013 04:02 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote:  
(02-09-2013 12:24 PM)PJM82 Wrote:  Ken Griffey Jr.'s Winning Run. I know I know, baseball sucks lol. It is the first game I hacked waaaay back in the day, it's very easy to do, and I could change pretty much everything from the player's color, build, stats, names, positions, etc. I edited the Toronto Blue Jays to have their current roster (current back in 2001 anyway) but it was too time consuming to do every player for every team, all in a hex editor, which is why I want to make a utility, and possibly get some help from some baseball fans. The problem is, I haven't really programmed anything since 2003, and I've never worked with modifying data in a ROM, should be exciting though!

Do you have a doc with all the data for the game? I could write a utility to change some of the hex data when I get done with NBA Jam TE.

I wish someone would make a editor for Madden football or Joe Montana football, that would be awesome playing with updated rosters.
05-19-2013, 02:26 AM
(05-19-2013 12:35 AM)law56ker Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 04:02 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote:  

I wish someone would make a editor for Madden football or Joe Montana football, that would be awesome playing with updated rosters.

Well who knows, if all this NBA Jam editing works out maybe I'll expand it to other sports games. I just have too many projects though, may be a low priority. Sad

05-27-2013, 08:37 PM
Sounds good, I hope oldschool football besides tecmo gets some love.
05-27-2013, 09:08 PM
Yea, sports games don't really get any hacking love do they? Someone should do a zombie version of like a Madden, baseball or NHL game. LOL

05-28-2013, 11:23 PM
I grew up with madden, that's why I wanted to see an old school mod, curiously Madden 2005 had an rom with updated rosters, but i think it was only partially emulated, and it was a rom of the first madden which wasn't that great compared to the later snes/genesis maddens that had player names and enhanced gameplay. There are many old popular sports games that have had updated rosters but madden and montana football aren't ones that got love, even though they were very good games and loved by old-school traditional players. I think it would be fun to make an updated NBA jam roster or even a NBA jam roster with the best ever players for each team and/or also the best teams in each teams history.
05-28-2013, 11:26 PM
I'll post some additional pics when I get a chance of some of the people I've imported to one of my mods.

(05-28-2013 11:23 PM)law56ker Wrote:  I grew up with madden, that's why I wanted to see an old school mod, curiously Madden 2005 had an rom with updated rosters, but i think it was only partially emulated, and it was a rom of the first madden which wasn't that great compared to the later snes/genesis maddens that had player names and enhanced gameplay. There are many old popular sports games that have had updated rosters but madden and montana football aren't ones that got love, even though they were very good games and loved by old-school traditional players. I think it would be fun to make an updated NBA jam roster or even a NBA jam roster with the best ever players for each team and/or also the best teams in each teams history.

On that last part I put in bold I'm sort of doing that with one of my NBA Jam TE mods. I'm putting the best players from the early/mid 90's on the teams already in the game as well as some special and secret players.

05-29-2013, 02:05 PM
How do you plan on doing the ratings.
05-29-2013, 04:29 PM
Well since I am a huge NBA fan and I remember the players from the 90's that I'm adding it will be easy. That and I will use their average per game career stats and attributes to fill out the player stats and ratings. :)

For the secret or special players I have to improvise LOL.

05-30-2013, 01:19 AM
I will see if i can think of some secret players.
05-30-2013, 01:22 AM
(05-30-2013 01:19 AM)law56ker Wrote:  I will see if i can think of some secret players.

I've probably got about 2-3 open slots left after I import all of the ones I have already planned. Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  REQUEST: Earthbound SNES andwan00 5 1,892 07-01-2015 07:41 AM
Last Post: andwan00
  ff4 snes easy type mod Clouds67 3 1,903 08-22-2014 07:04 PM
Last Post: JCE3000GT