Anyone excited about any games coming out?
10-05-2015, 04:15 PM
Anyone excited about any games coming out?
I'm looking forward to a few games myself. I'll be short and sweet below for easy reading. Grin

No Man's Sky
Just search YouTube for any of the game play videos. There's one that's like 17 minutes and one that's ~30 minutes that do a great job explaining it.

Just Cause 3
All I'll say is, total destructible environment.

Mad Max
Take Red Dead Redemption + Grand Theft Auto + open world sandbox (quite literally, based in Australia). What's not to love?

Star Citizen
Take the creator of Wing Commander and have him create a space sim and you have a recipe for greatness!

Those are just 4 quick ones I'm looking forward to.

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2015, 04:19 PM
RE: Anyone excited about any games coming out?
Hitman
Stealth

Deus Ex: Mankind divided
More Stealth

Dishonored 2
Must've been the wind
Find all posts by this user
10-05-2015, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2015 09:32 PM by ctophil.)
(10-05-2015 04:19 PM)Lotex Wrote:  Hitman
Stealth

More Stealth

Dishonored 2
Must've been the wind

Lotex just loves his stealth. LOL.

Here is my brief list. I may add some more as I think of them.

1. The Legend of Zelda for Wii U
You guys already know the Zelda series is one of my favorite game series in my gaming career. The new game goes back to its roots (open-world exploring) similar to the original Zelda, except now in spectacular 3-D graphics.

2. Axiom Verge

The indie title that was developed by someone obsessed with the original Metroid games. Axiom Verge is very similar to the original Metroid in style and graphics. It is out now for PS4 and PC. But if you haven't played it, it's new to you, right? :-) https://www.axiomverge.com/

3. Final Fantasy XV

Yeah, I know you guys don't like the new look and feel of the Final Fantasy series. But I always give it a chance when a new entry in the series comes out. It's on the way out for next year's release. So, I'll be getting a Xbox One or PS4 for this game. No PC release at this time.

4. Dark Souls III

You can say the Dark Souls series is quite niche for folks who want a super challenging time and just enjoy a different kind of RPG than your standard Final Fantasy or Elder Scrolls type of game.

5. Mighty No. 9

What can I say? I just enjoy retro games, especially spiritual successors to my favorite game series like Mega Man. It got delayed a few times, but should be out by February 2016.

6. Quantum Break

This game was announced even before the Xbox One came out. It's been in development for too long. This is by the developers of Alan Wake, a dark and twisted game that was inspired by the old TV series, Twin Peaks. In Quantum Break, you have special time-stopping abilities (nothing new, but still cool), and a TV series (plays in the game) that changes based on your choices in the game. These choices will also affect the game. The TV series will also show you hints on how to play the game. Cool concept. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_Break Will be released Spring 2016.
10-05-2015, 07:09 PM
(10-05-2015 04:19 PM)Lotex Wrote:  Hitman
Stealth

More Stealth

Dishonored 2
Must've been the wind

I love stealth and sneaking about but I think you're more on to it than me. Grin

(10-05-2015 05:33 PM)ctophil Wrote:  3. Final Fantasy XV

Yeah, I know you guys don't like the new look and feel of the Final Fantasy series. But I always give it a chance when a new entry in the series comes out. It's on the way out for next year's release. So, I'll be getting a Xbox One or PS4 for this game. No PC release at this time.

Final Fantasy XII was awesome but yea your right, the "new" look starting with XIII. I almost feel like XIII dumbed down or targeted younger instant gratification demographic. If XV gets cheap in 3-4 years I will get it. OR if my buddy gets it I will check it out. [/quote]

10-05-2015, 10:30 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2015 10:50 PM by ctophil.)
7. Shovel Knight (Retail Physical Disc Release, Nov. 3rd)

I heard great things about Shovel Knight. It's a modern, original title that plays and looks old-school. What more can you ask for? Well, the physical disc version will have a nice manual, box, and inserts that give you all the stats you can hope for, similar to the Kickstarter Special edition that other folks got. That's my kind of game. I've been holding off on buying the digital version for this physical one since last year. Came out June 2014 (digital) on Wii U, 3DS, and PC. Physical version will hit Wii U, 3DS, Xbox One, and PS4.

http://yachtclubgames.com/2015/06/shovel...-near-you/ (Just ignore the release date, it has been delayed since then)
10-05-2015, 10:56 PM
I'm disappointed that Uncharted 4 is a PS4 exclusive. The gameplay trailer looks absolutely amazing...

I don't like the PS4 controller so I cannot get that system until there is a wireless controller with the XBOX analog stick layout. The USB adapters out that let you use other system's controllers have some lag and aren't reliable to use on the PS4. Oh well.

10-06-2015, 05:43 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2015 11:36 AM by Lotex.)
Yeah, I'm absolutely gaga about good stealth games, I'd give my firstborn for an everlasting supply of stealth games till the day that I meet my maker.
It gets better though, I had a phase where I wouldn't play anything that is not a stealth game, but as you say ... it was just a phase Grin
The thing with stealth is that you take the role of a silent predator, you can decide what you want to do, for example you're not forced to fight if you don't want to and if you can pull off a difficult situation without alerting the enemies ... it's just pure perfectionism for me.

It's already released, but I'm pretty hyped up to play The Witcher 3 since I can imagine the series gets better and better with every game and dlc.

I also await the new Tomb Raider, I've never been a big fan of the series until the reboot in 2013 I guess?, but I played this game and it was fantastic. Took me around 20 hours to get most things, but I really enjoyed the time.

It's one of those games that show you that you're pretty good, but you're not invulnerable and it makes you grow with the character, you're not just a generic superhuman/-hero.
10-06-2015, 10:17 AM
Stealth has a certain appeal to me especially when I add ranged attacks with it. This is why I love the later Elder Scrolls games so much. I liked Disholored but I'm still early in the gameplay. The Witcher III looks amazing and I might get it before this year is over.

10-08-2015, 11:21 PM
A note on No Man's Sky...

I am SOOO excited about this game. I know my system specs will likely run it (before my CPU upgrade). The idea of ultimate freedom in space is just brilliant. What do you all think?

My only concern is how the game will be controlled with a controller while flying the ship. I tried Elite Dangerous and was thoroughly disappointed. It was WAY too complicated. I just want to get in and play and not spend 30 minutes setting up my controls and etc. I know this is being optimized for PC AND PS4 so I'm hoping PC users will have controller optimization and not be complicated. I love my XBOX One controller so I'm praying No Man's Sky for PC is optimized for a controller...

10-18-2015, 10:03 AM
Anyone of you all played the new Wolfenstein game yet?

I am also looking forward to playing Shadow of Mordor the more I read about it and watch the gameplay videos. The one thing I will say about the internet is at least it does provide enough research materials to make an educated decision on buying games.

10-18-2015, 10:46 AM
I played a little bit, I think I finished the first mission, but not much further than that but it looks pretty good. You have some possibilities of first person stealth if you do it right ;)
10-18-2015, 11:25 AM
My main concern are the button-mashing style fighting that Shadow of Mordor and Mad Max seem to have with some of the larger scale battles. BUT, that isn't a huge deal since the rest of those games look amazing.

11-10-2015, 01:27 PM
See attached pic. :)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-19-2016, 12:21 PM
I'm looking forward to the new South Park: Fractured but Whole (fractured butthole LOL) RPG. I've updated my list below...

No Man's Sky
Just search YouTube for any of the game play videos. There's one that's like 17 minutes and one that's ~30 minutes that do a great job explaining it.

Just Cause 3 <-- BOUGHT

Mad Max <-- BOUGHT
Take Red Dead Redemption + Grand Theft Auto + open world sandbox (quite literally, based in Australia). What's not to love?

Star Citizen
Take the creator of Wing Commander and have him create a space sim and you have a recipe for greatness!

South Park: Fractured but Whole
The Stick of Truth was one of the best RPGs made in the last 20 years in my opinion so I can imagine the new one will be longer and have more content. Of course you need to be a South Park fan to really enjoy the game.

Shadow Warrior 2
The first one was awesome so I cannot wait to see the second one. Hopefully the graphics will match everything else because the atmosphere in the first one was epic.

Kingdom Hearts III
Speaks for itself.

Scalebound
This is what a Final Fantasy should be. If you are unfamiliar with this game watch the gameplay videos. It really looks good.

Quantum Break
This is an interesting game I stumbled upon. Its worth you all taking a look I think.

02-24-2016, 06:31 PM
I just remembered Outlast 2, I'm pretty excited to get my hands on this game. It didn't reinvent the wheel, but it was a solid piece of work, somewhat like Amnesia: The dark Descent. I had high hopes for Machine for pigs and to be honest it didn't look bad when I played it for the first 2 or 3 hours, but I couldn't really get into it. I hope that doesn't happen to Outlast 2.
02-25-2016, 03:59 PM
(02-19-2016 12:21 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote:  No Man's Sky

Just Cause 3 <-- GIFTED, YO!

South Park: Fractured but Whole
The Stick of Truth was one of the best RPGs made in the last 20 years in my opinion so I can imagine the new one will be longer and have more content. Of course you need to be a South Park fan to really enjoy the game.

Shadow Warrior 2
The first one was awesome so I cannot wait to see the second one. Hopefully the graphics will match everything else because the atmosphere in the first one was epic.

Kingdom Hearts III
Speaks for itself.

Scalebound
This is what a Final Fantasy should be. If you are unfamiliar with this game watch the gameplay videos. It really looks good.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is a wild card. I wasn't really that impressed with first one and the story is so convoluted that it's almost impossible to jump on and off the game series over time. Here are a few I've added to my list:

- Bravely Second
- Battleborn (Mayyyyyyyybe)
- The new Odin Sphere for Vita
- Dragon Warrior 7 and 8 for 3DS
- More.....

Tim
Photographer/Geek
02-25-2016, 09:37 PM
I'm not convinced about Battleborn yet...

02-26-2016, 09:11 AM
I played in the beta for battleborn and wasn't super impressed. The co-op mode was funny, but it felt pretty underwhelming
02-26-2016, 11:57 AM
(02-26-2016 09:11 AM)xlom3000 Wrote:  I played in the beta for battleborn and wasn't super impressed. The co-op mode was funny, but it felt pretty underwhelming

I was supposed to participate in the beta but didn't have time even though I was approved and ended up downloading it. I did see some gameplay videos and was underwhelmed. I'll still hold my final judgement until I actually grab a controller and play it. Grin

03-14-2016, 12:33 PM
Hey guys,

I'm adding a new game from Square Enix called "I Am Setsuna." It's an original JRPG by Square Enix's Tokyo RPG Factory. They have compared the battle system to Chrono Trigger. So I am pretty excited for this title (more so than Final Fantasy XV. LOL). It is coming out this Summer to the PS4 and PC.

Read the article here: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archi...igger.aspx

From my list above, Axiom Verge is now being released for Xbox One and Wii U. Formerly it was released on the PS4 and PC. Thus I am looking forward to that as well.

Read the article here: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archi...wii-u.aspx

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Xbone] First 12 BC games xlom3000 1 65 10-23-2017 09:39 AM
Last Post: JCE3000GT
  What games deserve a sequel? ctophil 35 8,804 10-14-2017 12:10 PM
Last Post: xlom3000
  Thank you Gear Box & 2K Games JCE3000GT 5 782 07-07-2017 03:48 PM
  Official 3DO console + games thread JCE3000GT 17 1,698 05-17-2017 12:29 PM
  Homebrew Games Thread ctophil 11 3,719 03-30-2017 01:44 AM
  Sega to release Genesis games on steam with mod support xlom3000 3 989 04-30-2016 03:43 PM
  Time playing games -- starts to get scary when you start to think about it JCE3000GT 8 1,983 03-22-2016 04:28 PM
Last Post: ctophil
  Physical vs Digital Games ctophil 15 2,809 02-22-2016 05:32 PM
  What games deserve a remake? ctophil 167 40,571 02-15-2016 03:30 PM
Last Post: ctophil
  The 15 Most Difficult NES Games ctophil 1 926 07-11-2015 05:30 PM
  CD Quality SNES Games ctophil 3 1,633 07-03-2015 10:05 PM
  Movie/TV Licensed Games ctophil 1 1,078 02-12-2015 09:19 PM