FF2usHT/FF3usHT Feedback
06-13-2012, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2012 11:19 AM by drag0nwind.)
FF2usHT/FF3usHT Feedback
Hey There!! :P

Saw these forums, thought I'd drop by and say thanks for the fun so far. I played FF2us a LOT when I was little, so, I know most of the game (who doesn't), but this mod was quite new and enjoyable.

I may have missed some things, since I stuck to a linear path to the end, lol. I was hoping for it to be a bit harder, I didn't even really need to level up that much. One thing I was curious about was that unique medusa sheena, near the beginning. Seemed like she spawned on a certain square.. I thought that was a pretty good idea, but there weren't any other specials like that. I don't know a lot of about game modifications, but, I was hoping there would be a couple of new end-game areas, or other new areas in general. But anyway, yes.. FF2usHT was still pretty fun!!

I just started FF3usHT a couple days ago, I'm not that far yet. I'm at the Driller right now in Locke's scenario. I got owned with Infect in one hit.. haha, so I levelled up a bit, going to try again tonight.

I remember a fair amount from FFIII, but, didn't play it as much as FFII when I was little, so it's been pretty fun and difficult. I am worried that it will be easy after visiting the colliseum (based on that review). The relic system is pretty nice as well. After playing FFII, the improved sound and graphics are so much better in FFIII, lol. I don't know why, but the sound effect when using a black magic is so awesome.. lol.

I have noticed several spelling mistakes in the dialogue so far, though. Can't remember exactly where for all of them, but for example: in the narshe classroom, when the gentlemen describes the coloured status auras, it says pink "your stopped in time." It should be the contraction, "you're" stopped in time. Another part early on said "let's get as it" instead of "let's get AT it" (forget exactly what is said). Then, I think at Figaro castle, someone said something about another's "well-being" but it said welbeing.

Anyway, excited to keep plugging away at FFIII, it's pretty fun.

Thanks for everything, look forward to FFMQ HardType.. played this game a lot growing up too.

Take Care.

:)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2012, 12:11 PM
RE: FF2usHT/FF3usHT Feedback
(06-13-2012 11:14 AM)drag0nwind Wrote:  Hey There!! :P

Saw these forums, thought I'd drop by and say thanks for the fun so far. I played FF2us a LOT when I was little, so, I know most of the game (who doesn't), but this mod was quite new and enjoyable.

Why thank you. I had a fun time coding this mod back in 2000. Grin I still go back and play it periodically.

Quote:I may have missed some things, since I stuck to a linear path to the end, lol. I was hoping for it to be a bit harder, I didn't even really need to level up that much.

Got some screens or a save so I can see what level you finished at? I would use some of your screenshots on my site if you had any. Also if you want to write a review I'd also put that on the FF2usHT page on the site.

Quote:One thing I was curious about was that unique medusa sheena, near the beginning. Seemed like she spawned on a certain square.. I thought that was a pretty good idea, but there weren't any other specials like that.

Sheena was a mini-boss, she was a 1:64 change encounter on the whole map similar to the Pink Puff was on the moon. There were other mini-boss type monsters, Paladin, XT, and JCE3000GT for example.

Quote:I don't know a lot of about game modifications, but, I was hoping there would be a couple of new end-game areas, or other new areas in general. But anyway, yes.. FF2usHT was still pretty fun!!

That mod was completed way before map data was deciphered. That's why the area's didn't change.

Quote:I just started FF3usHT a couple days ago, I'm not that far yet. I'm at the Driller right now in Locke's scenario. I got owned with Infect in one hit.. haha, so I levelled up a bit, going to try again tonight.

Did you use the V1.3 WIP bugfix version? That's the version I'd recommend with the least amount of gameplay bugs.

Quote:I have noticed several spelling mistakes in the dialogue so far, though. Can't remember exactly where for all of them, but for example: in the narshe classroom, when the gentlemen describes the coloured status auras, it says pink "your stopped in time." It should be the contraction, "you're" stopped in time. Another part early on said "let's get as it" instead of "let's get AT it" (forget exactly what is said). Then, I think at Figaro castle, someone said something about another's "well-being" but it said welbeing.

If you don't mind can you take screens on where you find these grammar errors? I'd love to get these weeded out.

Quote:Thanks for everything, look forward to FFMQ HardType.. played this game a lot growing up too.

No problem. I usually make these Hard and Easy mods for myself and then release them to the public for those such as yourself that enjoy them. MQ HardType/Reborn is going to be epic for this game. As soon as the map data has been deciphered this game should be fully modded, but for now I've only deciphered a decent portion enough for a challenge mod.

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]
^Still adding PC games...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-13-2012, 12:54 PM
(06-13-2012 12:11 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote:  [quote='drag0nwind' pid='85' dateline='1339604050']
Quote:I may have missed some things, since I stuck to a linear path to the end, lol. I was hoping for it to be a bit harder, I didn't even really need to level up that much.

Got some screens or a save so I can see what level you finished at? I would use some of your screenshots on my site if you had any. Also if you want to write a review I'd also put that on the FF2usHT page on the site.

Ah.. I removed everything before moving to FF3.. didn't know about the forums at the time.. I might leave some better feedback for FFIII, since I just started.

Quote:One thing I was curious about was that unique medusa sheena, near the beginning. Seemed like she spawned on a certain square.. I thought that was a pretty good idea, but there weren't any other specials like that.

Sheena was a mini-boss, she was a 1:64 change encounter on the whole map similar to the Pink Puff was on the moon. There were other mini-boss type monsters, Paladin, XT, and JCE3000GT for example.

Oh, not sure why I didn't think of a chance encounter.. makes sense.. I did see XT, but only in the Avenger blade box.. love seeing new baddies like that.. should have made his Meteo tear you up though.. hehe. On a side note, I'm sure you're aware of the godliness of the blood spear. I got it fairly early on.. the panthers and their bluster were troublesome, but, I was able to use the doom item to remove them.. and with that spear, I could basically down any boss (except evil wall, ofc) by leaving that character alive and swinging with the blood lance.. but what can you do? drain life items are cool.

Also, not sure if this was intentional, but in the lunar subterrane, all battles in boxes/murasame/etc., if you get killed, you still receive the items from the box? you also are returned to full life, or what you were before you opened the box.. I thought it was only if you were facing Sorcerers, since they own so hard, you get the item out of mercy.. but, most, if not all box bosses etc., were like that.

Quote:I just started FF3usHT a couple days ago, I'm not that far yet. I'm at the Driller right now in Locke's scenario. I got owned with Infect in one hit.. haha, so I levelled up a bit, going to try again tonight.

Did you use the V1.3 WIP bugfix version? That's the version I'd recommend with the least amount of gameplay bugs.

No, I didn't.. wasn't sure what would be the best.. if you recommend the WIP version, maybe I could start again, since I'm not that far into it.

Quote:I have noticed several spelling mistakes in the dialogue so far, though. Can't remember exactly where for all of them, but for example: in the narshe classroom, when the gentlemen describes the coloured status auras, it says pink "your stopped in time." It should be the contraction, "you're" stopped in time. Another part early on said "let's get as it" instead of "let's get AT it" (forget exactly what is said). Then, I think at Figaro castle, someone said something about another's "well-being" but it said welbeing.

If you don't mind can you take screens on where you find these grammar errors? I'd love to get these weeded out.

Yep, I wouldn't mind at all, need to learn the SS shortcut.. could prolly just prntscrn my desktop when it's in windowed mode. But, if you think the WIP is better than (1.2)? I might start over, taking screenshots along the way for any feedback.

Anyway.. thanks again.. might start the WIP FFIII hardtype tonight.. might take me a bit to complete.. but.. I'll be sure to take any important screens for feedback.

Again.. looking forward to FFMQ.. keep up the good work!!

Take Care.

:cool:
06-13-2012, 01:16 PM
Sounds good. Thanks!

FYI, I'm working on "V2.0" of the FF2usHT but this time it's a bit different. The new title is Final Fantasy II hardCORE. Grin

08-14-2012, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2012 04:44 PM by shadowman357.)
Hey JCE

Awesome work on this FF2 hack it's been a blast to play. The difficulty has been enough to kill my guys more than a few times but not get too frustrating.

I am hung up on the CPU though, 6500 recovery is something else! I've been able to kill off the healer and do 20k+ before it comes back but then I'm short two guys and the CPU gets healed right up. Any tips?

I'm getting into hacking myself and this hack was a big inspiration to start my own so thanks for that too. Grin
08-15-2012, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the feedback! As for the CPU, try killing the Defender and leaving the Attacker alive. THEN kill the CPU.

When I get back from my anti-project vacation I plan on finishing my new FF2us and FF3us mods.

Looking forward to more feedback. I love hearing people's enjoyment of my projects. Grin

05-15-2013, 07:01 PM
Looking forward to a new FF2usHT, I recommend it to every retro RPG player I know :P