Mystic Quest Reborn LITE
12-23-2014, 12:50 AM
Mystic Quest Reborn LITE
I'm getting MQ Reborn LITE all done for release here soon. I'm currently working on replacing the bugged song from the Mountain Range of Whirlwinds/Pazuzu's Tower.

Here's the beta version, what do you guys think? This tune is from Final Fantasy V, I think it fits almost as good as the previous one.

New:
http://www.jce3000gt.com/projects/mods/m...0Light.mp3

Previous song that was bugged for reference:
http://www.jce3000gt.com/projects/mods/m...Ahead!.spc

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2016, 12:39 PM
RE: Mystic Quest Reborn LITE
MQR LITE has been finalized for release. Sometime between now and Thursday I will have a page up on my website with the download and more information for this topic here.

Please note: The IPS patch of MQR LITE will differ from the limited reproduction cartridge that will be offered by Uncle Tusk. This is to keep these limited edition carts unique. I will post the differences from each version here in this topic for reference.

Also note: I will be slowly creating a strategy guide (in PDF or DOCX) for MQR and MQR LITE that you can either use digitally or print. If I can find someone with some skills to professionally have these printed we can do a limited signed production run of them. :) IF YOU CAN HELP WITH THIS PLEASE POST HERE OR SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE!

Last note: There are two dialogue text bugs I cannot seem to fix as well as the elemental/defenses from the Status page not showing what all your party member has based on their armor (bug with the original FFMQ game). Otherwise there are no other bugs I could locate.

-------------------------

Damn Dark King was still a beast of a fight. I did have to tone him down some...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=216]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-26-2017, 12:04 PM
Heya, was MQR Lite ever released as an IPS? I can't seem to find a link to it on your main page. Thanks for any help, I'm psyched to play it!
Find all posts by this user
10-26-2017, 12:35 PM
(10-26-2017 12:04 PM)wokeaspie Wrote:  Heya, was MQR Lite ever released as an IPS? I can't seem to find a link to it on your main page. Thanks for any help, I'm psyched to play it!

omghax

Thank you for the post, this reminded me I need to release it to the public. I'll have it released on the site sometime over the weekend. Grin

10-26-2017, 01:25 PM
Awww yeah! I can't wait, will be F5ing this place like mad over the next few days lol

Thank you very much!
10-26-2017, 08:10 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2017 08:11 PM by Lotex.)
Don't you feel the need to work on a good HD remaster for pc or something? I'd really love to have one after the let down some time ago.
10-27-2017, 08:30 AM
(10-26-2017 08:10 PM)Lotex Wrote:  Don't you feel the need to work on a good HD remaster for pc or something? I'd really love to have one after the let down some time ago.

I wish. I would be interested in assisting someone with it but I cannot take on a full fledged project, especially right now. For the remainder of this year and at least through Q1 2018 we are finishing the house up. I have to concentrate on that first before anything game related. Its a mess...

11-01-2017, 01:05 AM
MQR Lite has been publicly released. Enjoy.

http://www.jce3000gt.com/projects/mods/mqr/mqrl22.rar

12-06-2017, 11:15 PM
Hi. Created an account to say thanks for this Lite version.

FFMQ is one of my favorite RPGs, and I was looking for a different experience. Tried the original Reborn but it was too tough to be enjoyable.

I just started Lite and I'm still in Level Forest, but I already see how easier it is than Reborn, particularly with more Potions and Remedy early on.

I wanted to suggest more mods of this nature (call it "Intermediate-Type"?), where it's harder than the original, but not frustrating. I think it would be fun to play RPG mods where the challenge is focused more on the battles than worrying about low gold or heals. For some of the FFMQ Battlefields, you can fight a series of monsters that are essentially mini-bosses. They're much tougher than normal monsters in the area but at the end you get cool armor or spells. The same could be done for dungeon areas that lead to chests, where certain enemies in the pathway are much tougher than normal monsters in the area.

Well, gotta get back to Lite. Thanks again!
12-08-2017, 11:05 AM
(12-06-2017 11:15 PM)kevin32 Wrote:  Hi. Created an account to say thanks for this Lite version.

FFMQ is one of my favorite RPGs, and I was looking for a different experience. Tried the original Reborn but it was too tough to be enjoyable.

I just started Lite and I'm still in Level Forest, but I already see how easier it is than Reborn, particularly with more Potions and Remedy early on.

I wanted to suggest more mods of this nature (call it "Intermediate-Type"?), where it's harder than the original, but not frustrating. I think it would be fun to play RPG mods where the challenge is focused more on the battles than worrying about low gold or heals. For some of the FFMQ Battlefields, you can fight a series of monsters that are essentially mini-bosses. They're much tougher than normal monsters in the area but at the end you get cool armor or spells. The same could be done for dungeon areas that lead to chests, where certain enemies in the pathway are much tougher than normal monsters in the area.

Well, gotta get back to Lite. Thanks again!

Hi kevin32! Thank you for the feedback and post. Its good to see someone get some enjoyment out of one of my projects. Grin These are great points and I'm all for someone making those mods to my hack and releasing it publicly.

I also agree with there needing to be more intermediate difficult mods/hacks but I doubt the ROM hacking community as a whole would go for it seeing as how most of them are pretty opinionated. Bang Head If you know how to hack you should start a trend! Thumbs Up If you don't know how to hack there are a ton of documents spread out online that can assist you with learning this process. Its a bit intimidating at first but once you get a rhythm it starts to make sense and you'll be seeing hex in your sleep. Bouncy

12-11-2017, 05:12 AM
Just askin' out of curiosity:

1) Can you edit the map data of FFMQ, too?
2) If not - would you be interested in it if you could?

Me on Twitter
12-11-2017, 09:19 AM
(12-11-2017 05:12 AM)lytron Wrote:  Just askin' out of curiosity:

1) Can you edit the map data of FFMQ, too?
2) If not - would you be interested in it if you could?

1. No, I never found the map tile layout information and gave up on it when I retired in 2014.
2. Quite possibly. I would love to fool around with it but I am not sure I have the skills to code a map editor. Maybe something crude but it won't be intuitive or easy to use.

Do you have that data? omghax

12-11-2017, 11:24 AM
No, I don't have that data. Yet.

If you're interested, I'll take a look. But I cannot promise anything.

Me on Twitter
12-11-2017, 11:32 AM
(12-11-2017 11:24 AM)lytron Wrote:  No, I don't have that data. Yet.

If you're interested, I'll take a look. But I cannot promise anything.

That would be cool thank you. I'd have to figure out a way to incorporate it in to my editor--which is VB6. Graphics was never my strong suit with programming.

Either way the mere thought of being able to do a new set of maps really intrigues me. Cycle

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Brick Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Some Random Code Digging lytron 18 239 12-30-2017 09:34 AM
Last Post: lytron
  Mystic Quest HardType 2.0 Cure Bug Tantalus 11 1,963 12-29-2016 01:12 PM
Last Post: drag0nwind
  Mystic Quest Rebalanced Fennor 4 1,159 11-05-2016 12:48 AM
Last Post: Lotex
  Mystic Quest: Silence Status Effect Fennor 6 1,247 09-22-2016 05:32 PM
Last Post: JCE3000GT
  Mystic Quest ROM map Fennor 3 854 09-07-2016 04:55 PM
  Mystic Quest Reborn LITE is available as a reproduction! JCE3000GT 37 7,805 07-23-2016 12:14 PM
  final fantasy mystic quest save editor problem Clouds67 1 1,399 10-16-2015 12:44 PM
  BlackCecil05 has some Let's Play of MQ Reborn! JCE3000GT 16 5,761 11-05-2014 11:53 PM
  [Beta Test] Mystic Quest Reborn LITE JCE3000GT 18 1,887 11-04-2014 02:12 PM
  Mystic Quest Reborn now available as a cartridge JCE3000GT 2 5,997 10-24-2014 11:49 AM
  Mystic Quest HardType -- the final beta test update JCE3000GT 13 12,071 05-10-2013 02:24 PM
  Mystic Quest Reborn / Mystic Quest HardType Release JCE3000GT 5 4,934 01-14-2013 07:12 PM