Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]
^Still adding PC games...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2014, 09:58 PM
RE: BoF TB
FYI I've already located the following data...

Character Stats (North American Version, 48 bytes each)
Character Stats (Japanese Version)
Experience table (294 bytes each)
Stat Increments (89 bytes each)

12-09-2014, 12:12 AM
That's a beautiful-looking picture. ;) Nice one!
12-09-2014, 12:28 AM
Thanks!

I've just found the item data. The magic data is proving to be a difficult thing...

12-09-2014, 01:33 AM
Just found what I thought is the monster data or the monster exp/money data block. Needs more testing. My main concern is locating full monster data, magic data, and maybe treasure contents? Don't push you're luck on the aforementioned...

I would love to have any help with data mining at this time and once a good deal is discovered I'd love to have a crew to test and verify said data.

12-10-2014, 04:22 AM
Well at least the treasure is more balanced than Lufia. Item drops are important though since it's a good way to compensate extra difficulty. I wish I knew about all that stuff to help; I probably would have made a dozen other Hard Modes by now. ;) Wonder if there are many fans at RomHacking.net? Dragon-Tear.net used to be the premier Breath of Fire fan-site, but it's been shut down for a while now, sadly.
12-10-2014, 12:04 PM
Hi. Dragon Tear is gone but a new fan-site, Dragon-Brood . com, was created in June 2014.
Find all posts by this user
12-10-2014, 01:35 PM
(12-10-2014 04:22 AM)Jarlaxle Wrote:  Well at least the treasure is more balanced than Lufia. Item drops are important though since it's a good way to compensate extra difficulty. I wish I knew about all that stuff to help; I probably would have made a dozen other Hard Modes by now. ;) Wonder if there are many fans at RomHacking.net? Dragon-Tear.net used to be the premier Breath of Fire fan-site, but it's been shut down for a while now, sadly.

I'm confident on locating the monster data, its the magic data that seems to be the most difficult to locate so far. I haven't looked for the treasure contents as of yet as it usually is something I finish after the main character/monster/item/magic data gathering. Grin

(12-10-2014 12:04 PM)xcmn Wrote:  Hi. Dragon Tear is gone but a new fan-site, Dragon-Brood . com, was created in June 2014.

Awesome, thanks for that heads up! I'll check that out when I can get back to working on the data gathering. I'm having to setup all the xmas decorations for the wife and I'm already tired and not enjoying the process. This is keeping me away from stuff I want to do. LOL

12-10-2014, 06:48 PM
Yeah I find it's better to take your time rather than force yourself and more likely burn out. It's especially hard to focus at this time of the year. ;) It'd be well worth the effort to breathe some new light into the original Breath of Fire! No pun intended.
12-10-2014, 11:35 PM
True! I'll be glad if Novalia gets back to me at some point during this process.

12-11-2014, 10:06 PM
I got a reply and he doesn't have the data with him and it doesn't look like he will have access to his backups for a while. Plus he's already started coding an editor himself but he doesn't know when or if it will be finished. His editor will be superior but it may be a while before it's released. I just want to do a few statistical data editors for people that want to make those sorts of changes. Grin

I'm still going forward but he did say that the monsters are coded really odd and will be difficult to manage. But I'll figure out something.

12-12-2014, 10:13 AM
Good stuff, hope he can help out. His guide was released back in 2009 so I doubt you'd be wasting your time in any event. Holding your breath can be quite limiting. ;) The downside to all of this is now every time I play a RPG//TRPG I can't help but bloody think, damn, a Hard Mode for this game would be sweet! >_< Wish game designers back in the day put more thought into the concept. (Granted, some games like Shining Force 2//CD certainly did, with an Easy Mode, Normal Mode, Hard Mode and Super Hard Mode!)

^ Although Super Hard is a relative term.
12-12-2014, 01:17 PM
(12-12-2014 10:13 AM)Jarlaxle Wrote:  Good stuff, hope he can help out. His guide was released back in 2009 so I doubt you'd be wasting your time in any event. Holding your breath can be quite limiting. ;)

Not a waste of time if someone (mainly you) get some use out of this for community. I don't think he will freely give up his data unless we collaborate, but I could be off base on that. He stated that his backup of the Breath of Fire data is currently at his parents house and it may be a while before he can obtain it. He did aske if we could work together but I unfortunately cannot commit to a joint or large project with everything that's going on in my life at this time. I can work on something like this sparingly and will have something serviceable for you hopefully within a week or two. Plus, I know he is going to have superior coding skills since it is likely his project will be coded in c++ whereas mine is VB6. But that is just an assumption on my part... I'll await his reply to my email I just sent yesterday and see where we are. I would like to have contributors but with the part-time nature of this project I won't count on it. I think I'll be fine to just code character, item, monster, and maybe magic editors no?

For you can you list what categories are your "most wanted" from that aforementioned list? Or do that and add anything I've not listed. I'm curious to see where your focus would be. Didn't you focus on mainly monsters on Lufia?

Quote:The downside to all of this is now every time I play a RPG//TRPG I can't help but bloody think, damn, a Hard Mode for this game would be sweet! >_< Wish game designers back in the day put more thought into the concept. (Granted, some games like Shining Force 2//CD certainly did, with an Easy Mode, Normal Mode, Hard Mode and Super Hard Mode!)

^ Although Super Hard is a relative term.

I wish more games, including RPGs, had a selective difficulty that the player can choose. Kind of like what the Elder Scrolls series did, specifically Oblivion and Skyrim.

12-29-2014, 04:46 PM
Slow progress because of the holidays but I will pick back up completely after the 1st. :)

01-04-2015, 08:34 AM
All good, I've been really busy as well with moving houses, I had two five-day-weekends in a row and I'm finally done. Not sure how I would have had time if not for all the public holidays. And I've been preoccupied with my Warsong Hard Mode (or editing of NeoWarsong I should say) and the same with Langrisser II. There's not much work to be done with the former, but the editor for Langrisser II opens up almost limitless possibilities; and it's in Chinese! >_> It would be interesting to know if there are lots of other editors for various RPGs in Chinese that we don't know about...although in a way it's probably best that I don't find out. ;)
01-04-2015, 12:22 PM
That sucks about those five day weekends!

Let me know if you stumble upon other Chinese editors. LOL!

03-22-2015, 11:50 PM
Ugh. Man Breath of Fire is so poorly coded. This monster data is segmented and just a pain in the ass! I may work on some of the other things first. Sad

03-23-2015, 12:35 AM
Why don't you brace yourself until the Mystic Quest HD remaster launches and get on with some modding stuff for a hardmode? Grin
03-23-2015, 01:11 AM
LOL

I would like to do a mod of it but that's a long ways away. I would like to get something coded and useable for Jarlaxle. Grin

03-23-2015, 08:42 AM
Thought so, but it doesn't hurt to dream and ask Grin