eBay nonsense
11-20-2014, 09:38 AM
RE: eBay nonsense
There would be no reason to not change the feedback if he gets his money back, it would even be the obvious thing to do if I was him.

Not really an ebay thing on my site, but something similar. I bought Alan Wake and Alan Wake's American Nightmare around a week ago, got the eys delivered within 5 minutes and tried to redeem them via Steam right away, American Nightmare worked fine, but the original game didn't work, maybe the key is wrong or the version has a region lock (for whatever reason), it didn't even show the name of the game when I tried to redeem it.
I wrote a key complain and they responded pretty fast, even for a saturday or sunday, I'm not 100% sure, but nevermind. It's been nearly a week now, I provided all the information they requested, but still no response.
It isn't too bad because it was only 4€ (around 5.20$), but I'm still a little pissed off, I hate it when people think that ignoring you long enough until you give up is enough.

It's not the first time I bought a Key for steam there (or uplay/origin) and everything went pretty smooth, even the pre-order for the evil within went fine.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2014, 03:06 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2014 03:44 PM by ctophil.)
Well, I would e-mail them again if you haven't done so. They should of responded within 24 hours at most. I'm pretty relentless when it comes straightening up things. I will e-mail constantly to remind people if they don't get things done right. :-)

So you bought The Evil Within? How is it so far?
11-20-2014, 03:25 PM
Glad you won your case Phil. Either tonight or tomorrow I will video the opening of the package. I doubt this guy will reverse his feedback but I will give it a shot.

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-20-2014, 04:41 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2014 04:42 PM by Lotex.)
I already did some hours ago Phil, I still have an open ticket for that case ... at least I think it's open but I'm not completely sure since it says "oeffnen" like in "I open the door" and not "offen" like in "The door is open" Grin

I don't want to spoiler too much, but it's good so far and it shares some similarities with Outlast.
11-25-2014, 08:34 PM
Fucking ebay won't even let me request to have that negative feedback revised. So now what?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=94]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-25-2014, 09:33 PM
Hmm, I checked Ebay's feedback policy, and they seemed to have changed it. Now to be eligible for feedback revision, you can only submit 5 revisions every 1,000 feedback that you receive within the past 12 months. Looking at your feedback score, you are not there yet. I don't remember, but the feedback requirement last year was much less, because I did it myself. Also, you only have 30 days to send a revision request. How long has it been since they left you negative feedback? You can read it for yourself here: http://pages.ebay.com/help/feedback/revi...t.html#how

I'm sorry bro. I would call Ebay to see if they can do anything about that. They fixed issues with my account in the past that was outside of their policies, such as refunding my Ebay fees when the non-paying buyer closed the case that I opened by paying for it later on. I had sold the item to a high bidder during that time. After a case is closed like that, you can't recoup your fees. But Ebay refunded my fees anyways.
11-26-2014, 02:12 AM
I do not remember when it was left I'd have to look at it. I'll be busy for the next 7-10 days so I doubt I'll be able to do anything on this soon. Sad

11-26-2014, 05:32 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2014 05:33 PM by ctophil.)
I just had an issue with a seller. He sent me the new DBZ movie that has a worn outer box though he advertised as "brand new." After 2 e-mails that I sent him, he wouldn't reply to me 5 days later. So, I gave him negative feedback. Because of the negative feedback, he finally replied to me. This seller only has a 178 Feedback score but was able to send a feedback revision request to me. So, I don't think it's the number of feedback, it's how long ago was the negative feedback left. He asked me to reverse the feedback in exchange for a refund. I will certainly do that when the refund has been issued.

Anyways, don't wait too long if you're serious about reversing the feedback.
11-26-2014, 08:13 PM
It's been over 30 days, Oct 22nd. This month I dealt with surgery and a kidney stone do I was out from life for about 15-18 days so I guess it's my fault because it's been too long. Sad

11-27-2014, 04:01 AM
Could something be done about that feedback if the other party asks for a feedback change? Maybe if the buyer writes and e-mail to ebay and you explain your situation.
11-27-2014, 01:03 PM
I do not know. I doubt the buyer would do that, haha. Oh well. I think I'm just screwed, it was bound to happen.

06-24-2015, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2015 06:12 PM by ctophil.)
Hey guys,

I got some new Ebay nonsense. I just sold an Xbox One to a slow or non-paying buyer. Below are my e-mails to the buyer and his response. Sounds a bit harsh, but he had Zero feedback, so I wasn't expecting him to pay right away after the buyer won the auction. This is one example, but I have gone through many buyers with Zero feedback to behave in a similar fashion. My resolution is that if he either doesn't respond to me or says I have to wait a few more days for payment, then I will just cancel the transaction and give somebody else a Second Chance Offer. From my experience, people who delay payment for days will not pay at all, especially if they have Zero Feedback.

My initial E-mail to inquire about his payment:

Quote:Hi, thanks for winning my auction. Just a reminder, please remit your payment to me as soon as possible so that I may schedule your shipment promptly tomorrow (June 23). If there is a delay on payment, you need to also let me know asap. If you changed your mind, you also need to let me know; otherwise, I will have to give this item to the next high bidder. Thanks for your prompt attention in this matter.

His response 24 hours later:

Quote:Sorry for the delay I usually get a email when I win a bid payment will be made Friday or early Saturday morning

My response:

Quote:Hi again, when buyers bid on my items, I expect payment within 24 hours maximum. When I buy items from other sellers, I do the same for them. Do you expect me to wait a week later after you won the auction while not even letting me know that you can't make the payment right away? I had to e-mail you first to get a response. Anyways, either you make a payment right now or we cancel this auction so I can move on to other buyers who are willing to purchase this item. The way I see it is that if you can't pay for an item, don't buy it.

UPDATE, added his response:

Quote:Like I said I didn t get a email but since you wanna be a dick about it you can go ahead an cancel lol

Never got the e-mail? Really? I've been with Ebay for 13 years, and it has never failed to e-mail me when I've won an auction. I have since cancelled the auction and will be re-listing it.
06-24-2015, 03:43 PM
Maybe it was a little harsh, but you're absolutely right to react like this. If you offer a good deal and the buyer was willing to pay the price he could've messaged and asked you about it, otherwise it'd be just stupid and unreasonable.

I had a similar situation some days ago where I bought the season pass for watch dogs, they took my money and suddenly (maybe 30 minutes later) I got an e-mail stating that I need to verify my purchase because of:
- my strange purchase behavior
- many negative booking operations from my country
- my paypal account is not certified
(I'm not entirely sure if that's the right way to translate these sentences, but I hope so Grin)
It must've been two since I never bought something from this site and my paypal account is certified, but nonetheless stupid to let me buy and pay the stuff and tell me that I need to send:
- A copy of my ID card or my credit card billing if I paid via credit card
- A filled in form they sent me
- A picture of myself
That as itself sounds highly suspicious to me, but even if safety measures are good they should've told me before that these things would be neccessary, otherwise I wouldn't have bought the key anyway.
06-24-2015, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2015 04:25 PM by ctophil.)
Hm, they probably do that to prevent identity theft. There are a lot of folks out there stealing Paypal accounts and using them. Ebay is a different story because Paypal and Ebay work together to verify if the user has a bunch of transactions or not, thereby certifying the account holder. When you purchase from a random web site, sometimes they don't want to deal with stolen Paypal accounts, which is frustrating and time consuming. They might end up with no money from the transaction at all due to this particular problem.

Paypal checkout has a number of red flags to signal if an account holder may have issues. Apparently, Paypal notified them that there is a problem with your transaction history and/or prior issues with a number of users in your local area. I'm not saying that you did, but it's possible in this case. I'm sure they don't require all that stuff from other buyers if there aren't any red flags that pop up in the Paypal checkout system. So, they don't need to let you know beforehand.
06-24-2015, 08:01 PM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2015 11:28 PM by Lotex.)
Yeah sure, I don't mean that it's completely wrong to take these safety measures if it's neccessary, but it would've been nice to know that beforehand since I wouldn't have bought anything if I knew something like that was coming my way.
The strange thing is that these steps weren't that neccessary anymore after I told them to refund me so I can buy it somewhere else. It just seems suspicious if you tell your customers about that policy and suddenly soften it up if they won't do it.
06-25-2015, 09:43 PM
Wow that dude is a d-bag Phil. : / As soon as you win an auction you are always sent an email. I've never had it otherwise in 15 and a half years on eBay!

10-29-2015, 12:06 AM
[Image: good_news.png]

Thought I'd share this. Grin

[Image: attachment.php?aid=178]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)