eBay nonsense
10-15-2014, 05:37 PM
eBay nonsense
Let me quote the communication list and you make up your mind. I'm crushergames and the messages are oldest on top newest on bottom.

Quote:Dear elig_2014,

I received the game in the mail and the case appears to have been damaged. The bubble mailer package doesn't have any punctures or damage.

I'm a video game collector and with this crack I'm going to have to buy a new case. What are your thoughts on this?

- crushergames

Quote:Dear crushergames,

It wasn't crack when i shipped it i don't sale stuff like that if it was i wouldn't posted it for sale

- elig_2014

Well you do understand my concern when the auction says "Like New" but the case is cracked and damaged without the bubble envelope showing any damage? Your pictures do not show the part of the case that is damaged so I have no way of knowing if this was like that before it shipped or during transit. I was hoping you would of been a little more receptive. I'm unfortunately not happy with this transaction. Have a nice day.

Regards,

- crushergames

I know it wasn't crack i checked it before i send n when i took pics of it just like the game no scratches on it for all i know it could of been you crusher games or someone in your house

- elig_2014

Your attitude is appalling and disrespectful by accusing me or a member of my family of damaging this item. I am requesting a refund or I will go ahead and get in touch with PayPal & eBay on this. I was hoping you would of been wiling to attempt to resolve this issue so I will wait 72 hours for you to respond with my refund request before I will explore my options with PayPal & eBay.

Regards,
Crushergames

You disrespectful sayin i broke it and cryin about the case go ahead contact ebay you will get your money back when i get my game back and it better be just how i sent it without scratches or you gonna be hearing from ebay

- elig_2014

First of all I didn't say YOU broke it. I presented the facts and left it open for you to decide what to do to make the transaction right. Your pictures did not show the part of the case that is damaged and the shipping envelope you used is not damaged. You need to not list media as like new if they have any damage.

I've dealt with a few people like you in the 14+ years I've been on eBay and I'm not going to continue to deal with you. I know exactly what you are going to do as soon as you get the disc back so I will just buy a new case and keep the manual and disc because the disc / manual are in good shape and I'm not going to be subjected to your accusations and dishonesty. Have a nice day.

- crushergames

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2014, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2014 06:24 PM by ctophil.)
RE: eBay nonsense
So what game was this for? You know, I usually give my customers a partial refund if it got damaged in the mail. He was surely not professional. You could of provided him a picture of the cracked case, since Ebay does allow attachments now through their e-mail system. Sometimes providing evidence will make the seller think again and may give you a partial refund.

What did you believe the seller would do once he received the game back?
Find all posts by this user
10-15-2014, 06:56 PM
I sent a picture of the damaged case and he didn't seem to comment on it. In the past if I buy something that this happens the seller usually gives a small refund or a shipping cost refund. I myself as a seller have done the same by offering a partial credit or shipping refund.

What I was referring to is that I've shipped games back only to have the seller claim it was damaged by actually damaging it themself before contacting eBay. Thankfully I've taken good pictures of the items before they were shipped as well as the package they were shipped in. Look at his attitude, I have no doubt he would of tried to pull something with eBay, though, I'm sure just like in the past eBay would of sided with me. Grin

*edit*
The game is the Resident Evil:Operation Raccoon City.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...1615286565

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-15-2014, 10:17 PM
You can tell he/she is not a professional just by the way the responces are written. I'd say it is no big deal if there are minor mistakes, but something's obviously wrong if the sentence starts like "You disrespectful [...]"

I never sold something myself via ebay, but I'd take pictures from EVERY site and/or ankle just to be safe, but it seems you're in a stalemate situation here. He can't prove that it was undamaged before the shipping and you can't really prove that this is how you received it plus it is not impossible to damage the plastic case without smashing the bubble wrap.

Is it worth the time to struggle for a partial refund?
10-15-2014, 10:44 PM
No Lotex, it isn't worth it to get that refund. I originally just wanted to hear their thoughts and to see how they wanted to handle it. I would of accepted it if they simply were more professional and or receptive. The disc and manual are in very good shape so I will just replace the case. It was one of those shit Eco-cases anyway.

10-16-2014, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2014 04:03 PM by ctophil.)
I had a similar Ebay issue a couple of months ago when I purchased my Turbografx-CD. It was a big risk, since the buyer had like 1 Feedback Score. I risked it because TG-CD Units with the base are hard to come by these days, especially the right pricing.

My bidding closed at $198. But when I got the system, the seller did not ship the System Card 2.0. He was like I can't find it anywhere in the house after e-mailing him. It was obviously in the Ebay picture. He was afraid I would open a case on him for "not as described." So, he used a friend's Paypal account to send me extra money instead of a partial refund. Pretty shady, huh? He even sent me an e-mail afterwards and said, "Can you give me good feedback anyways? I sent you $30.00." Of course, I gave him good feedback. :-)

But it didn't stop there. I found out that the system won't play certain games at all and others would play for a while, although he described as working great. By the time I found out after testing, it was like 3 weeks after. I still could of gotten an additional refund out of him. I did not. It wasn't worth the trouble. I repaired the TG-CD myself and got it working 100%. It only cost me $25.00 additional in parts. Of course labor was free. Hehe. I suspected that he didn't know it himself that the system wasn't working as advertised. Because some games will play quite well or until 2 hours later where it would start freezing and skipping. Not enough play testing I suppose.
10-16-2014, 04:29 PM
Sounds pretty similar and he was lucky that you could repair things yourself, so as I understand you had to do this and that and at the end you got a system that worked as described, right?

If that's the case I'd say all's well that ends well.
10-16-2014, 04:54 PM
(10-16-2014 04:29 PM)Lotex Wrote:  Sounds pretty similar and he was lucky that you could repair things yourself, so as I understand you had to do this and that and at the end you got a system that worked as described, right?

If that's the case I'd say all's well that ends well.

Yeah, my TG-CD system works perfectly now. It loads every CD-ROM and Super CD (like Castlevania: Dracula X) much faster than before. Oh, I forgot to say that the system didn't come with a AC Power Adapter either. But of course that was not in the auction anyways. I had to hit Radio Shack to get the right power configuration, since the TG-CD had a very specific one.

I'm just happy that I have a working unit now, and it also plays every region TG-16 and TG-CD games with homemade converters that I got!
10-16-2014, 08:14 PM
That's a crappy seller but at least you got everything worked out for the best! Thankfully my issue will only cost ~$4 for a new case. Not a bad deal. :) Plus the manual and disc are mint!

10-30-2014, 05:30 PM
So I noticed your signature says you got some Ebay problems. I don't think you should stop being a buyer because you're going to have some issues getting retro games.

If you want to, please share your Ebay problem with us here. :-)
10-30-2014, 09:41 PM
I sold this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...CS:US:1123

And the buyer without communicating to me just opened a refund request and said that he didn't get the item as described and that no product key was included. Which is BS because as you can see by the pictures he received everything in the auction. This was also an RC1 or Release Candidate 1, which has no product key. It was MSDN software and if he does work in IT as his member name states he would of known all of this.

So I wrote this:

Me Wrote:Dear falconitservices,

Hello,

Before we proceed any further I must mention that the auction clearly shows what you are to receive, it's condition, and that there are no refunds. Both sides of the package as well as the seal were shown--this was to ensure you knew what you were going to receive. This was described as a vintage Microsoft software auction for collectors with no indication that this came with a product key or COA and not to buy it if you did not want to keep it. I provided all the information you needed to know as a buyer to either research the product to make the purchase or pass on it. So at this time I am declining your request for a refund.

Regards,

- crushergames

He wrote this:

the buyer Wrote:Dear crushergames,

So if I sold you a car without an engine then told you that my listing failed to state that the car had an engine that makes it right? Your logic is absurd and you ripped me off and you know it. You stated this was “software” where you should have stated that it was media only. You stated it was an unopened, original "Microsoft Exchange Server". Trickery is not an effective selling tool. You listed it in a misleading manner and failed to omit important information and now you hide behind false innocence.

If you don't want to do this nicely, I will file a claim with Paypal and leave the negative feedback permanently for you. I am not going to allow you to rip me off in this manner.

And my final response before contacting ebay with a buyer policy violation was this:

Me Wrote:Dear falconitservices,

I gave you--someone who by your member name works in IT--well enough information and pictures to know exactly what you were to receive. Of my 3 auctions I have right now still up, the two of them that do have a COA with product keys indicate a product key is included and even show a picture of it. I do not deal with trickery, "innocence", or misleading descriptions, you are using such language to intimidate and it will not work. It is/was your job as a buyer to look over all of the pictures and description and if you see something that isn't listed that you want you should of asked. I did state in the auction to send me a message if you want more pictures at which time you could of simply asked if there was a COA and if one was provided to take a picture. And by your comment of "not doing this nicely" I believe your tone in the first communication started the "not doing this nicely" routine. I have all the evidence I need with a strong description, good pictures of condition, with clear and defined language to speak to a Paypal representative on this matter if you decide to proceed with that route. As for the "permanent" negative threat, buyers like you who either have buyers remorse, do software piracy, and or ignorance to what product your purchasing do not come off sounding like they would work with a seller then there is a problem. I have been nothing but professional in my communication and you seem to be stuck on throwing insults, you didn't even bother to contact me first before issuing your refund request. Had you communicated professionally and courteously first I would of probably provided a mutually acceptable resolution. This is why I have such a good reputation in the 14.5 years of being on eBay. Have a good day.

Regards,

- crushergames

I'm going to let ebay have it for treating its sellers in this way. He is clearly in the wrong and I GUARANTEE when I get it in the mail it will not be in the condition I sent it. I will video tape the package before, during, and after I open it and submit my appeal to get the refund reversed. I AM NOT HAPPY with ebay. I've googled and it seems that I am not alone in ebay caring more about buyers vs sellers. My over 14 years of 100% positive feedback and great seller rating is down the tubes and some ignorant idiot likely copied the software and decided to return it and I get punished for his bad behavior. All he had to do was communicate and maybe a mutual resolution would have been reached.

10-31-2014, 01:26 PM
Well communication is the first step on your way to get what you want, it's sad that so much people nowadays didn't learn that easy thing or just don't give a fuck about manners anymore.

I'm completely with you that it is the buyers fault, if he/she doesn't ask for a thing like a key if it's not mentioned before. Some people would say that the seller/you excluded that information on purpose, but my way of thinking is mostly that people may have just forgotten to include this, because everybody wants more detailed stuff and if you write an essay about what you're offering it could happen that you forget something, it's just naturally that little accidents happen. I'd say it's the buyers obligation to ask first before placing the bid or at the very least explain the situation that he didn't see that no key was included and if there could be chance to refund said item.

I'm not a professional in buying/selling via ebay, but I wouldn't say that your reputation is ruined just because of one negative rating.
If you ask 10000, 1000 or even 100 people about a nice person, there's also at least one who doesn't like him/her, it's just natural and I'd say it's not that bad. It's annoying, but it's not like that's the end of the world. Cheer up and don't get yourself stressed about such a thing or someone like that.
10-31-2014, 04:16 PM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2014 04:21 PM by ctophil.)
Well, I agree with Lotex on this one. I almost got a negative feedback once. But after talking with my customer some more, he calmed down and actually changed his feedback back to positive. People tend to jump the gun when they receive an item that is not exactly like what they imagined in their head. They get negative right away and assume that the seller is trying to "rip them off." I got myself into those situations more than a few times. Because once again, you can't really see everything what these customers have in their heads when they made the purchase. Just try to put in a detailed description covering as much ground as you can. This will cover every scenario that the customer can come up with. I know it's a pain, but that is the business world, online or offline.

In your situation, if the customer is just not satisfied and wants a full refund, I suggest you do that IF he agrees to remove the negative feedback. The only things you lost are time, effort, and possibly lost some of the value of the product IF the buyer decides to tamper with the product. I never had tampering problems. But it could happen. That's why I put a special seal on my products in case that happens to appeal with Ebay. Ebay and Paypal will refund the necessary fees. I know for a fact that Ebay does side with the buyer 99% of the time, and it's a pain.

There are numerous sellers out there who have negative feedback that reduced their perfect score down to 98% - 99%. Like I said, do your best to work with the customer and ask nicely for a feedback reversal. Don't dwell on their negative words, which will not benefit you at all. Explain to them that even a single negative feedback is detrimental to an Ebay seller. Make it an essay if you need to, I've done it before. They will break down if you are nice enough. Also explain to them that, "I am not out there to scam people. Just take a look at my feedback score. I try to help my customers as best as I can. But sometimes, there may be dissatisfaction with customers. Every business has that from time to time." Reason with them. Do your best.

But anyways, as Lotex said, don't let this experience bring you down. You are dealing with millions of EBay buyers. You are bound to have people having issues with you. Over the course of my businesses in the past, I've dealt with people in real life who would call the cops on me just because they can't get over minor issues. The cops always side with me. But it was a pain dealing with people who would terrorize me in real life, hitting and pounding my counter and cash registers, even threatened to fight me. You get over it and move on. It's just business. :-)
10-31-2014, 07:31 PM
You guys are right on all points. And yes this negative and eBay closing the case in the buyers favor permanently damages my selling reputation. And eBay is going to force me to pay I cannot simply decline to do the refund which I still want to do.

2 of my other auctions have product keys which I had put in the title, description, and pictures. I feel I am covered and no liable. I almost think this is one of those buyers who will just copy the software then return it. There are hundreds or even thousands of sellers that are in the same boat. Ebay just doesn't give a shit about us, and it's sad that we are eBay customers and the buyers are our customers. Twisted but true.

10-31-2014, 10:55 PM
If that's the case I don't understand ebay at all. It's like a trading platform and if 90% of the sellers suddenly start to stop selling their stuff they're completely screwed, so why take on side over the other?
It's not like one side is completely unimportant, they're both needed and they should be treated as equals. If you did nothing wrong you and the buyer should be treated as equals and if there's no mistake in your advertisement it's clearly not your fault.

I still don't now about that reputation thing, I wouldn't have a bad feeling if the seller has positive rating of 95%+ or at least 90% + I'd read what the negative feedback was about, so I could get a slight impression about that person, but if you say it really matters I'll believe you - Who am I, a person who never sold anything via ebay, to doubt your words?

Besides what was the price of your auction?
11-01-2014, 08:11 PM
The item sold for $45. Well under what a Microsoft Exchange would sell for. Oh well.

11-08-2014, 11:32 PM
Fingers crossed the moron hasn't sent it yet!

11-18-2014, 03:47 PM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2014 03:48 PM by ctophil.)
So any more updates with your case, JC? I got a new one for you.

A buyer from Lebanon bought a refurbished PS3 from me back in September. I know, international customers can be hard to predict. But anyways, during the item's shipment, he closed his Ebay account. Ebay immediately notified me that it is "suspicious activity," and I should not ship it out. If it's already shipped, I need to stop it. Well, by the time this happened, the PS3 was already outside of the country. It's very hard if not impossible to stop shipment when it reaches customs overseas.

Last week, he put a chargeback via my Paypal account. If you don't know what a chargeback is, it is when a person calls their credit card bank and tell them that a charge on their credit card is "unauthorized." This means that he is trying to get a PS3 for nothing. He is trying to get his money back without dealing with Ebay and going straight to the bank. This is what I call "Buyer Scam."

At the moment, Paypal is working with the buyer's bank to dispute the charges. I have sent every evidence I can give Paypal including screenshots of my Ebay account (order details, shipping, price, etc.). So, it is a pain because chargebacks can take a long time to resolve, and Paypal has given me a negative balance, which means I can't use the account until I pay for it. I'm not going to do that. I'm using my backup Paypal account to buy/sell until my main one is back in working order.
11-18-2014, 03:56 PM
Wow Phil that really sucks. At least you have that backup PayPal account. My moron did ship the package to me but I've been obviously unable to deal with it this past week. My recovery is going well enough that I'm really to video tape me opening the package to document every step to make sure if there is any fraud or the buyer did not return item in same condition I will file an appeal. I just know he copied the software and wanted a refund.

I haven't paid or touched my eBay account since this incident and I'm not motivated to either.

11-19-2014, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2014 03:29 PM by ctophil.)
Just an update, I'm happy to announce that I won the chargeback case! Paypal put the money back into my account. Don't tell me Paypal doesn't side with the seller. Because they just helped me out a lot. I keep hearing about "Paypal Hell" and stuff like that with chargebacks on the Internet. People said they left their Paypal accounts in the negative and left it as is. Well, as long as you do everything right and have proof, you will win these cases. There is nothing to fear as I always say.

Well, I hope you get the Microsoft Exchange CD back without the guy tampering with it. That way you just give his money back without the hassles of dealing with an Ebay appeal. If that is the case, are you going to ask the buyer to change his negative feedback? If he agrees, you can send a feedback change request to him.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Non-paying eBay people JCE3000GT 6 2,122 05-29-2014 05:07 PM
Last Post: JCE3000GT