Google Glass
08-08-2014, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2014 03:08 PM by ctophil.)
Google Glass
Hi everyone,

It seems we are so "wired" these days with technology. People use Smart Phones and Tablets like its mandatory for life. People are so enthralled with gadgets and stuff without even realizing it. It seems socializing has gone from meeting in the streets talking about the fresh produce and fish to the latest gossips of who got married. Now, we don't do much face-to-face stuff anymore, but have switched to Twitter, Facebook, Texting, and Chat rooms.

It has just gotten worse with Google Glass. It's a computer that you can wear just like eye glasses. Read about it here: Google Glass Review

And directly from Google here: Read about Google Glass

It came out as a Beta back in April of this year. Now, you can buy it for $1,500 directly from Google or $1,800 on Amazon.com. You know eventually it will be a "must have" item like cell phones and tablets. It runs on Android OS and has apps just like a Tablet. People thus far use it for GPS navigation, e-mail, texting, sporting stats, weather, news, and eventually video games. Just imagine a new law against wearing these devices while driving. It's crazy that people now will go to a social event, sitting there talking to their Google Glass (it's voice controlled), and ignoring everybody else around them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2014, 03:06 PM
RE: Google Glass
I am seriously sickened. I agree completely with everything you just said. What happened to the human interaction element? Are we too "good" to actually talk to people? Social development will be so bad people will just be inherently anti-social! Couples and friends text and post online conversation to each other while they are in the same room or sitting next to each other. How grotesque is that? Google Glass is a mistake, the human race is not ready for it.

Though I will say these two words about Google Glass... NATURAL SELECTION!

That is all.

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Google, I have a message for you. [NSFW] JCE3000GT 11 2,945 07-30-2015 06:13 PM
Last Post: JCE3000GT