Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread
07-16-2014, 08:48 PM
Wink Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread
Got Skyrim? Yes? Good. Now let's discuss.

What are some fun things you like to do that isn't quest related? I either love to go on a town rampage or two every few in-game weeks. I also like trying to find great places to jump from. With my restoration glitched enchanted ring giving me over 1 million health and magicka I just cannot die no matter how high the drop. I also love using Unrelenting Force (full power) and pushing enemies, followers, NPCs, and towns people alike off of the various high places. Example, take a follower to High Hrothgar and have them stand stationary then blow them off! LOL!

Maybe I'll start recording some YouTube videos of my random mayhem. :)

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]
^Still adding PC games...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2014, 10:29 AM
RE: Skyrim thread
Need to level Illusion quickly? This can also work while using wait. Turn off auto save then double cast the spell, wait (24hrs!), then you'll see a similar result though it isn't as much exp.

07-20-2014, 05:48 PM
Sounds a lot like a medieval version of Grand Theft Auto. I really need to try out the modern Elder Scrolls. I played the earlier DOS games, and I literally just feel asleep getting lost. That's probably why I haven't touched the series since then. Does the storyline have any major connections to the old titles? I can start the series at Morrowind without any prior knowledge of Arena and Daggerfall? You know me, I don't like jumping into a series half way through.
Find all posts by this user
07-20-2014, 06:03 PM
There is some connectivity between Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim though they are different ages and regions. Start with Oblivion unless you can stomach Morrowind's older polygonal graphics. Oblivion is still my favorite though there is more to do in Skyrim. You should be able to find some synopsis of the previous Elder Scrolls games before Oblivion to "catch up" without playing.

07-20-2014, 10:52 PM
I'd also recommend that you start with oblivion if you want to play the newer elder scrolls. I wouldn't even bother with Morrowind, it might be a good game but I think it was too painful to just search for literally everything plus the graphics are kind of crap - It normally doesn't really bother me when a game looks old, but that was just too much for me. I get lost pretty easy and it took me like 20-30 minutes to figure out the first quest :/

I personally prefer Skyrim, but you'll be pretty annoyed by some things like lock picking if you don't play Oblivion first Grin
07-21-2014, 12:13 PM
All of that is true. There are projects that are taking Morrowind and Oblivion then importing them in to the PC's Skyrim or Oblivion's engine. Skywind and Morroblivion are the project names.

07-21-2014, 01:56 PM
I read about these projects, but they're still far away from being finished or be released as some kind of beta, right?
07-21-2014, 03:31 PM
Yes I believe so. The Morroblivion might be further along? I haven't looked in a few months.

07-21-2014, 11:37 PM
Don't you love it when you get a Miscellaneous quest from an NPC and as soon as it add you already had completed it? Yea, that's awesome. Grin

07-22-2014, 02:26 PM
Mhh, I don't know if this has every happend to me - Did I mention that I get lost very easily? Grin
07-22-2014, 03:08 PM
Okay, thanks guys for the info. I don't mind ugly graphics as long as the game is fun; so I'll start with Morrowind to see how it goes. I never really got into open world RPGs because of the getting lost factor and confusions of what to do next. This is probably why the Japanese don't make open world stuff. I guess the westerner's mentality is "freedom" and less linear goals. That's cool with me as long as I don't get lost for hours and going in circles like when I played Elder Scrolls: Arena. lol.
07-22-2014, 03:19 PM
Did you ever play Gothic? I think it's a pretty good game, could be your next project ;)
07-22-2014, 04:27 PM
Morrowind is actually pretty bad about you getting "lost". So if you get frustrated don't worry about it, move on to Oblivion. :)

07-22-2014, 04:38 PM
I've never played Gothic, but have heard of it. I'm not a big PC gamer. However, I do a traditional thing where I rotate around various consoles and then return back to the PC after a while. haha. Weird, I know.

Cool JCE, I hope they will make another single player Elder Scrolls rather than going online permanently in the future like in the new Elder Scrolls Online. Although, I heard that you can play by yourself and just ignore other folks roaming around. The storyline is also built as though there are no other people in your party. That's a plus.
07-22-2014, 04:40 PM
I agree, I don't want "online" only games of prominent series as the final release. *see WarCraft

There absolutely NEEDS to be an Elder Scrolls VI. :)

07-22-2014, 06:38 PM
Why should that be weird? I'd probably do the same thing if I had any consoles beside SNes and N64.

I'm pretty sure there will be a successor to the Elder Scrolls series, why should they stop it after Skyrim sold so well.
07-23-2014, 07:12 PM
I had a Skyrim binge Tuesday and Wednesday which are my days off. I think I got a good 20hrs playtime in from Monday night through about a half hour ago. :)

Good news is, I completed the main quest.
Bad news is, the end was underwhelming.

Lastly, I am trying to clean up all loose ends like misc quests, XBOX 360 achievements, and additional quests (Thieves Guild for example) so I can "finish" the standard Skyrim game. There are after all what 3 expansions?
Aka DLC.

I may go through Oblivion again then finish the Oblivion expansion DLC before heading back to Skyrim. So expect an Oblivion topic too.

07-23-2014, 10:44 PM
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread
Well I never really noticed the difference between the basics and the DLCs since I am a late starter with this game and bought everything in the Game of the Year bundle during last summer sale I guess.

Could you name some things that belong to the different DLCs or to the basic game?
07-24-2014, 01:05 PM
(07-23-2014 10:44 PM)Lotex Wrote:  Well I never really noticed the difference between the basics and the DLCs since I am a late starter with this game and bought everything in the Game of the Year bundle during last summer sale I guess.

Could you name some things that belong to the different DLCs or to the basic game?

Oh, I am right there with you. I bought the game new in 2012 but didn't even open it up until about a year ago. I purposely have not read anything pertaining to the DLC expansions so I can not be spoiled or exposed to them--that goes for Oblivion as well. I haven't bought the DLC or Game of the Year version yet for Skyrim (I did for Oblivion on PC & XBOX 360). I was thinking about getting the GOTY (Game of the Year) or Anthology version for the PC but I don't know.

I really feel like using that HP media center machine with an upgraded video card and more RAM so I can play some PC games on the TV via HDMI, but, I am undecided.

07-27-2014, 12:47 PM
200 game hours in and I'm slowly dispatching the miscellaneous quests and some of the other non-main story quests. I have 340 locations found out of what I think is 343 so my map is almost complete for the Traveler XBL achievement.

What I've been noticing lately is there are a bunch of quest bugs that without the console command like the PC has it is difficult to clear out your queue. I think I have about 6-8 miscellaneous quests that are bugged and cannot be completed as well as a couple on the main quest queue. This really makes me want to use the PC version of the DLC expansions of Skyrim so I can at least control things like this and also when NPCs randomly disappear. I know a game of this magnitude is hard to beta test / bug test everything but it is almost unheard of to see this many bugs allowed in a launched game. Oblivion had some too, but Skyrim takes bugs to a whole new level.

Though having said that I have used the restoration glitch to make some good potions along with enchanting/smithing upgrades. :) Made it more fun.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  JCE's (new) Game Collection thread JCE3000GT 4 52 09-15-2017 02:10 PM
Last Post: JCE3000GT
  Gaming finds / Trades / Item purchase thread JCE3000GT 266 52,042 09-08-2017 02:31 PM
  Official 3DO console + games thread JCE3000GT 17 1,443 05-17-2017 12:29 PM
  Official PlayStation 4 thread JCE3000GT 4 390 05-12-2017 07:47 PM
  Official Sega Saturn thread JCE3000GT 0 168 05-01-2017 12:17 PM
  [XBOX One/PS4/Switch/PC] Skyrim: Special Edition JCE3000GT 15 2,302 04-29-2017 02:48 PM
  Homebrew Games Thread ctophil 11 3,381 03-30-2017 01:44 AM
  Game Collecting Thread ctophil 23 4,888 03-22-2017 06:57 PM
  Borderlands series thread JCE3000GT 15 3,898 03-03-2017 06:36 PM
  The Mistwalker Thread ctophil 15 2,451 12-30-2016 07:11 PM
Last Post: Lotex
  The Playstation 4 Thread ctophil 3 620 11-29-2016 03:20 AM
Last Post: xlom3000
  No Man's Sky thread -- The verdict, crappy JCE3000GT 24 3,848 08-31-2016 01:52 PM
Last Post: Lotex