Non-paying eBay people
05-28-2014, 04:11 PM
Non-paying eBay people
I sold a valuable PC game to fund my Super Nintendo / Super Famicom collecting and the dumbass buy hasn't paid me my $90. He won the auction on Saturday, I've given him an invoice and two polite payment message reminders.

How much longer should I wait until I contact ebay? I hate to be a dick but I need my money!! LOL

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]
^Still adding PC games...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-28-2014, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2014 08:21 PM by ctophil.)
RE: Non-paying eBay people
Hehe, well, I deal with Ebay non-payers all the time. I'm pretty active on Ebay, since I repair and sell Playstation 3 systems every week (hopefully, upgrading to PS4, Xbox One, & Wii U systems soon). Some Ebayers bid for the pure adrenaline rush of going against others. So, they end up not paying. Other folks find out that they don't have enough money in the bank and too shy to contact the seller for an extension or something.

The Ebay system allows them 48 hours from the end of auction to pay. After that, you have the option to open a case against them. From there, they must pay within 7 days from the opening of the case. After that, you can close the case and get your Final Value Fee credited to your account. From my experience, people who don't pay within 24 hours, they are not going to pay. So I suggest you open a case right now to at least scare them into paying. Ebay puts a red flag on their account if you end up closing a case against them later.

I just closed a non-paying case last week. :-) I close about 15-20 cases a year, which is not too bad. What I do is use the Ebay system to deny certain people from bidding, such as low feedback, red flags on their account, certain amount of negative feedback, ban some members from bidding on my auctions, allowing only Paypal users, etc.

I hope that helps.

HINT: You are allowed to relist the item even while waiting for the case to go through (during the 7 days). I'd say relist if the buyer is not sending you any messages. But I recommend you give a Second Chance Offer to one of the previous bidders before relisting. That way, you don't have to wait for another auction if they are still interested. It's up to you. You can click on the drop-down menu next to your item for Second Chance Offers.
Find all posts by this user
05-28-2014, 08:48 PM
I have been lucky, I did an eBay store in 2009 and managed to sell enough to be a silver rank During that time I never had a non-paying bidder! I submitted a case tonight around 6:30. I'm do irritated because this member has over a 1700 rating with a 100% feedback score.

So if I do the second chance offer and it relist it I won't get dinged by the other buyer if it sells to someone else?

05-29-2014, 01:21 AM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2014 01:22 AM by ctophil.)
Yes, it is a risk that you are taking when using Second Chance Offer or relisting where the original buyer might decide to pay you anyway. However, I never ran into an issue where the original buyer decided to pay after the first 24-48 hours of the auction ending, and I have been doing this Ebay selling since 2001. They either pay right away or somewhere within the first 24 hours. Can you call it Ebay psychology? lol. There are some cases where they may contact you a day later and say they want to cancel it (change of mind or whatever). These are the polite ones.

I'd say go ahead and do Second Chance Offer or just relist it. You can always end the auction early if the buyer comes back and pay for it. Second Chance Offer is also a "Buy It Now" auction.
05-29-2014, 01:31 AM
Funny thing, the buyer paid about an hour ago. LOL! So I ordered a few games already. I got the Dossun! loose cart auction and the Tetris Plus for the PS1 that has the gold foil title. I'm now on the prowl for Tetris & Dr. Mario loose and a Super Mario Kart loose (Japan import half the cost).

Too bad the SOB didn't pay me sooner I could of offered some $$ to you for anything else you would of had to put in the shipping box you just mailed. Hah!

05-29-2014, 04:39 PM
That's cool, bro. I bet the case you opened scared him senseless. lol. Just kidding. I'm sure he had his own reasons for the delayed payment. But he should of at least let you know.

Question, Mario Kart 8 is coming out tomorrow for Wii U. Are you remotely interested in any of the Mario Kart or Super Mario games that came out later? For example, New Super Mario Bros. U or Super Mario 3D World for Wii U? Just curious. The New Super Mario bros for Wii and Wii U have local coop (and so is Super Mario 3D World). I'm sure you and the wife would love that.
05-29-2014, 05:07 PM
Nah, modern Mario's really don't interest me and my wife prefers the older stuff (yay!). Mario Kart 64 is the last real Mario Kart in my opinion. And Super Mario World 2 for the platformer genre.

We don't even use our Wii anymore since we cancelled our Netflix subscription. I am almost ready to pack it back up in the box and keep it stored. No interest in buying a Wii U as of yet. I feel like I'm a grumpy old man who has a distaste for newer technological things. ;)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  To all of you people that bought more than 2 Nuka Cola at Target ... JCE3000GT 12 1,830 01-02-2016 11:51 AM
Last Post: JCE3000GT
  eBay nonsense JCE3000GT 36 7,411 10-29-2015 12:06 AM
Last Post: JCE3000GT
  Attention native English speaking people, stop using decimate JCE3000GT 5 1,407 09-26-2014 06:54 PM
Last Post: ctophil