So thanks to mother nature...
04-22-2014, 10:22 PM
So thanks to mother nature...
...there is $3,000 worth of hail damage to the 2013 Focus and $10,000 worth of damage (total loss) to our roof on the house. Both checks have already been mailed to us.

The good news is we might be able to just pocket most of the $$ since I don't really want to repair the car due to me trading it in later this year for something else. As for the roof, we really don't think there is that much damage like the AAA inspector thought. He did say there wasn't any danger of the roof leaking. We're having a 3rd party inspector tomorrow to come in and re-inspect it and I'm sure he will agree that the roof isn't a total loss.

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]
^Still adding PC games...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2014, 02:06 AM
RE: So thanks to mother nature...
Ouch. The biggest pieces of hail I've experienced were only the size of marbles, although golf-ball sized hail is supposed to be somewhat common in Sydney; and I recall seeing pictures of larger specimens a couple of weeks back. Hail tends to be pretty brief and isolated, where it is usually a few years between seeing it. Is it more common in your area? How about the durations? I think a couple of minutes is about our longest spells of the stuff.
04-24-2014, 11:19 AM
RE: So thanks to mother nature...
This particular storm lasted about 20 minutes to half an hour.

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]
^Still adding PC games...