Poll: Has Squeenix (Square Enix) lost their mojo?
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Squeenix, you suck
04-18-2014, 11:43 PM
Squeenix, you suck
Come on Squeenix, start producing new products and lay off the remakes and or ports of remakes on other systems. Your what I like to call "George Lucas" cash leech syndrome must end. They've announced porting Final Fantasy III (FF3j not FF3us/FF6) that the remake was released on the DS the ported over on the iPhone/Android. Really? It was a crappy game on the DS. Polishing a turd is pointless, because it is still a turd!

Have you forgotten how to design and produce a legitimate new game/series? Oh, and stop outsourcing your game development to TOSE and any 3rd party companies. Or are you so few on talented personnel that you cannot design/develop anything?

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2014, 12:30 AM
RE: Squeenix, you suck
Yeah, boy. I lost confidence in Square Enix (I liked it better when it was just Square or even Squaresoft) a long time ago. You could feel their downfall right around Final Fantasy X. Now, that game was decent, but a dude in short pants who acts like a jockey doesn't give me a "heroic" vibe in any way. It may be other people's idea of a hero, but not mine. It still had the "epic" storyline, good music, nice graphics, good characters (other than the hero), and a neat level up system. However, you can sense the shift to Square trying to be "different" and "hip." It just didn't push my emotional strings like the earlier Final Fantasy titles. FF XI and XII were also decent but not anywhere near their other titles in my opinion.

I believe the main reasons why Square lost their ability to make good games are two people who left the company right after FF X: Hironobu Sakaguchi (Original FF Producer) and Nobuo Uematsu (famed FF Music Composer). They were what made Square. Kinda like Shigeru Miyamoto makes Nintendo. Sakaguchi went off and created Mistwalker, which created great games like Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, and The Last Story (nod to Final Fantasy). Uematsu went off to also create music for Mistwalker, establish his own band (The Black Mages), and make music for various indie studios. Uematsu did write some music for Final Fantasy XIV. I've heard its music, awesome stuff. His latest stuff is with an Indie Studio making a JRPG that is trying to bring back the JRPG roots http://projectphoenix.info. Right now it's called Project Phoenix.

I see it that the only way Square can come back is to hire some people with the passion and inspiration to make really good projects. Square recently said that they truly have lost their way. So, perhaps they will figure out something. Final Fantasy XV is coming out soon. But from what I've seen of that game, it's all action and hardly any fluff. So don't get your hopes up just yet.
Find all posts by this user
04-20-2014, 12:48 AM
Great post! Very good points.

The core Final Fantasy development team during the 8-bit & 16-bit era were some if the best there ever were in the gaming industry. The sad thing is Square should of not bothered making a movie and reduced the remakes to produce new material. I mean they had ample previous series to work with or just create new series' altogether. How could they forget the Chrono, Xenogears, SaGa, and Seiken series? Also, the Soul Blazer / Gaia series from Enix as well as the 7th Saga / Mystic Ark series would greatly benefit from a continuation of their series. Come to think about it Act Raiser anyone? I could go on...

But on a positive note Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey are two damn fine RPGs! I'm going through Lost Odyssey and it's badass!

01-02-2015, 11:52 AM
I just came in here to say Squeenix sucks still having been playing vintage games from the 80's and 90's for the last couple of weeks. What great series and games that were neglected with sequels/prequels.

That is all. :)