Subway lost it's way?
04-11-2014, 12:48 AM
Subway lost it's way?
So, Subway went from unknown to a healthy weight loss food alternative to a place that sells unhealthy pizza / etc.

So, does anyone else think they have gone too far with adding unhealthy choices? Subway was half of the healthy food I consumed when I lost 73lbs. Now they are pushing too much unhealthy food.

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]
^Still adding PC games...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2014, 10:20 AM
RE: Subway lost it's way?
In Australia it is subs only, and they have detailed information about all the calories and etc that make up each sub, in the store and even on napkins. Still, health nuts would complain about even that. Gotta be better than good 'ol Maccas/Burger King/greasy kebabs and such, though. I used to eat Subway twice a week, but now that I work 12-hour shifts and have long weekends, I don't really eat the stuff anymore. I'm trying to compensate by having some fruit or salad on the side from time to time, haha. I'm a tall skinny bastard but it's my heart I worry about, the poor thing. ;)
04-11-2014, 02:43 PM
RE: Subway lost it's way?
(04-11-2014 10:20 AM)Jarlaxle Wrote:  In Australia it is subs only, and they have detailed information about all the calories and etc that make up each sub, in the store and even on napkins. Still, health nuts would complain about even that. Gotta be better than good 'ol Maccas/Burger King/greasy kebabs and such, though. I used to eat Subway twice a week, but now that I work 12-hour shifts and have long weekends, I don't really eat the stuff anymore. I'm trying to compensate by having some fruit or salad on the side from time to time, haha. I'm a tall skinny bastard but it's my heart I worry about, the poor thing. ;)

We have all the calorie information and etc everywhere in the stores for subs and even on napkins, but not for the pizzas and such. I have the opposite issue, I'm a bit portly (~250lbs) but very healthy. Though I'm not sure if 6ft. (1.82 meters) is considered tall any more but meh. Ever since my back surgery I haven't been able to do much physical activity and the weight just poured on. Sad At least internally I'm much healthier than the average male in the US in my age group. So, fat and healthy is better than skinny and unhealthy yes? As long as you eat healthy you should be good.

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]
^Still adding PC games...