Lufia & the Fortress of Doom Multi Editor v1.0b
03-18-2014, 03:06 AM
Lufia & the Fortress of Doom Multi Editor v1.0b
I've decided to release this even though there was limited beta testing. Please post or email me if you find any bugs!

Project page: http://www.jce3000gt.com/l1me.php

---------------------------------

Creator: JCE3000GT
Version: 1.2b
Release Date: 4/2/2014
Updated Last: 4/24/2014
System: Super Nintendo

Description:
This is a small utility that will edit a few things for North American ROM "Lufia and the Fortress of Doom". You can edit items, characters, monsters, magic, some assembly routines, and shops.

Features:
-Edits the character stats and equipment.
-Edits the character learned magic.
-Edits the Item data and statistics.
-Edits the final party's items (Maxim's party).
-Edits the existing Shop data.
-Edits the Magic Spell data and statistics.
-Edits the Monster data and statistics.
-Allows the user to increase the Walking, Sailing, and Flying speed.
-Allows the user to specify the damage done by walking on Swamp ground.
-Allows the user to specify the maximum experience level allowed.

Future plans:
-Treasure and misc. map data.
-A few other little assembly mods.

WARNING: There may be bugs in the app and game breaking bugs yet undiscovered. If you encounter any bugs please email a screenshot of the game and a screenshot of the particular editor that caused the bugs with the affected data so I can investigate! Thank you.

NOTE: This program will work with the North American ROM without a header. It is untested on the Japanese ROM.

---------------------------------

Screenshots:
[Image: l1me_main.png]

[Image: l1me_characters.png]

[Image: l1me_charactermagic.png]

[Image: l1me_monster.png]

[Image: l1me_items.png]

[Image: l1me_finalpartyitems.png]

[Image: l1me_shops.png]

[Image: l1me_magic.png]

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2014, 02:37 AM
RE: Lufia & the Fortress of Doom Multi Editor
Updated the screenshots to reflect updates to the Item editor.

03-25-2014, 12:31 AM
RE: Lufia & the Fortress of Doom Multi Editor v1.0b
Added screenshot of the Magic Editor. All of the data is now able to be read from the ROM, next up is saving the data. :)

Also added the item won from battle data with a formula explanation. :) I'm also rewriting some of the monster race and monster type information.

04-05-2014, 10:47 AM
Absolute. Legend! This is bloody awesome, thanks a ton for this, JCE3000GT. I've always thought this game was way too easy, especially when it comes to the 'mini-boss'/boss battles, so few and far between. I'd always hoped that someone would make a Hard Mode for this game, but thanks to your editor I can simply do so myself!

So far I've had a blast making it more challenging without being insane (although insane can also be good for uber-veterans), and I've covered all the way until the battle against the trio of 'Goblins'. I had the balance pretty good until I went a bit too far with attack/defense levels for some of the monsters around there. >_> I've made it so that item drop rates are more generous for healing items, and you actually need to use magic now! Some spells might need nerfing, but I think things will even out.

In any case, thanks again for this top piece of work. I appreciate the effort!
04-05-2014, 12:00 PM
You're welcome! Glad at least one person is benefiting from this editor since I really designed it for myself. Let me know if you need any assistance with your mod or the editor. :)

04-08-2014, 12:23 AM
...I got slayed by Demon Lords and Goblins. >_< It's a good starting point though, as from there I can decrease their stats slightly so that they are still challenging but beatable without cheating (or farming MidArrows from Kobolds). I just so happen to have two five-day weekends in a row, haha, so I now have plenty of time to work on this. Love the updates, as there wasn't much else I could do to make the prologue tougher without crippling the heroes' stats. And I'm a little worried I overpowered the enemies they face, to the point that the main party are going to get pwned when they face those foes later in the game, but we'll see. ;)
04-08-2014, 12:39 AM
I noticed that about buffing the monsters is occasionally you get a couple stubborn ones that kick your party's ass.

I've also figured out the best stat to use to alter the battle experience is AGL. if the average AGL for the monsters is higher than your party they will get in more attacks per minute. So dialing diwn AGL or buffing it up can help balance out the battles.

Feel free to start a topic in the gaming forum about your project. :)

04-08-2014, 07:33 AM
It seems work fine with the spanish translation of lukas (its based in the usa version)
Find all posts by this user
04-09-2014, 12:25 AM
(04-08-2014 07:33 AM)gadesx-sinistral Wrote:  It seems work fine with the spanish translation of lukas (its based in the usa version)

Excellent. Is the translation IPS patch on romhacking.net? I'd like to take a look at it to make sure everything is fully compatible.

04-09-2014, 05:49 AM
here is the link:
http://traduccioneslukas.blogspot.com.es...lufia.html

I can ask him about how he made the translation for if you wanna know how is the script stored.
Find all posts by this user
04-10-2014, 01:11 AM
Thank you for the link. I will try and take a peek at it this weekend.

04-12-2014, 10:50 AM
[Image: yxdv.png]

Came across this little glitch at the item shop in Jenoba. Everything still appears properly in the editor, though. I've got a link with an in-game save (.sav), although I doubt my savestates will work since they are .st (for Snes9Xbox; guessing the PC version is just Snes9X).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2v3MGH...sp=sharing

Haven't noticed it at any other shops, and I'm usually stocking up on Potions at every town. Other Jenoba shops are fine; won't be able to do much more work until my next long weekend. Which is after my Sunday/Monday/Tuesday 12-hour 6pm-6am shifts. Grin Bloody love the long weekends, and I get an extra day off due to the Easter holidays. Boozing, gaming, and more boozing. ;)
04-12-2014, 12:35 PM
(04-12-2014 10:50 AM)Jarlaxle Wrote:  [Image: yxdv.png]

Came across this little glitch at the item shop in Jenoba. Everything still appears properly in the editor, though. I've got a link with an in-game save (.sav), although I doubt my savestates will work since they are .st (for Snes9Xbox; guessing the PC version is just Snes9X).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2v3MGH...sp=sharing

Haven't noticed it at any other shops, and I'm usually stocking up on Potions at every town. Other Jenoba shops are fine; won't be able to do much more work until my next long weekend. Which is after my Sunday/Monday/Tuesday 12-hour 6pm-6am shifts. Grin Bloody love the long weekends, and I get an extra day off due to the Easter holidays. Boozing, gaming, and more boozing. ;)

The regular Jenoba item shop works ok, do you think it is possible for me to test out the actual ROM you're working with so I can diagnose the issue? I need to know what the raw data is for that shop and how the editor is modifying it. Feel free to email the ROM to me or PM me a link if you have it hosted somewhere.

*edit*
Oh, and long weekends are brilliant! Extra time to do what hobbies one has. :)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-24-2014, 03:24 PM
Updated. You can now edit the Magic Defense of monsters and the Attack/Defense higher than 255.

04-24-2014, 07:59 PM
Legend. I'll now be buffing defense ratings for new enemies more significantly, because even though I usually more than triple the defaults at present, your tanks still tend to do over 100 HP damage to 'big tough new foes', which tied in with magic doing even more damage, makes the fights still very easy. Problem solved!
04-24-2014, 08:39 PM
Woot!

With going above 255 on attack and defense you could do some FF6 style trickery and make a couple monsters either magic or physical damage only. You could also
Do an Iron Giant FF5-esque style monster that does insane physical dmg.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  NBA Jam: Tournament Edition Player Editor released JCE3000GT 20 8,113 11-21-2017 11:00 AM
Last Post: segathon
  final fantasy mystic quest save editor problem Clouds67 1 1,319 10-16-2015 12:44 PM
Last Post: JCE3000GT
  Lufia & the Fortress of Doom Multi Editor v1.0b Released JCE3000GT 5 556 04-09-2014 12:24 AM
  Having Trouble with the NBA Jam TE Editor Megafield81 1 1,967 01-24-2014 07:48 PM
  FF4 Map Properties Editor error xcmn 3 2,486 09-03-2013 02:19 PM
  SPC Editor (FFIV/IIUS) chillyfeez 1 2,600 12-15-2012 07:25 PM
  Mystic Quest Multi-Editor JCE3000GT 0 1,575 05-08-2012 10:34 PM