Path of Exile
10-28-2013, 05:17 PM
Path of Exile
http://www.pathofexile.com

Those of you who are fans of Dungeon Siege or Diablo II style of games but want an online experience need to try this game. It is actually quite good and is free to play. I'm currently on the Domination league and in Act 2. I've got a bow/evade Shadow character going right now. I really like the item and equipment system so far.

Let me know if any of you are on this game and somewhere around Act 2 in Domination and want to play.

My character name is: Leben_Verwirken so feel free to private MSG me if you are in game.

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-29-2013, 02:15 PM
RE: Path of Exile
(10-28-2013 05:17 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote:  http://www.pathofexile.com

Those of you who are fans of Dungeon Siege or Diablo II style of games but want an online experience need to try this game. It is actually quite good and is free to play. I'm currently on the Domination league and in Act 2. I've got a bow/evade Shadow character going right now. I really like the item and equipment system so far.

Let me know if any of you are on this game and somewhere around Act 2 in Domination and want to play.

My character name is: Leben_Verwirken so feel free to private MSG me if you are in game.

Ah, I'm playing Path of Exile right now with a friend. However, I am in Act 3 via Standard League. It's odd that I'm also using a Shadow Class character. Our minds think alike. Hehe. Torchlight 2 is another good RPG that came out recently. It's not free though, but still excellent.
Find all posts by this user
10-30-2013, 06:47 PM
Oh cool. Shadows are cool eh? Grin The Donination league turns in to the standard league in a few months. I will try that other game as soon as I lose my addiction to Path of Exile. :)

01-29-2015, 06:56 PM
1+ year update, I stopped playing in November since there were two skill resets and I mistakenly did the wrong "build" and have a crappy character now. Using the online "cookie cutter" builds also yields crappy results. I'm happy to have deleted this game and moved on. So much promise but yet so little results. I just think I don't have the patience and attention span to grind out for leveling/item drops in MMO's. I'd rather have an offline mode where I could increase the % of the experience and or item drops. But, I understand the need for MMO's to have minuscule % on these things to keep stringing players along and hoping to sell DLC.

This is why I like private servers that people code for MMO's, now only if there was one for FFXI...

02-01-2015, 12:22 PM
Video RE: Path of Exile
I've watched my brother play PoE a little bit. I mostly remember how confusing the skill "web-tree" looked, haha.

I was going to pick it up eventually, because the almighty Brother Laz helped the developers by creating unique items and other things. For those that don't know, Laz made the most excellent Median XL mod for Diablo II.

I never got around to starting though.. Diablo III has been taking up a lot of time recently. They introduced ladder Seasons to D3 and, my brother wants to start the new Season 2 together on February 13th. So, I think I'll be in Sanctuary for several more months.. lol.

Grin
02-01-2015, 12:32 PM
Yea, the skill tree is a bit much and you can seriously stunt your character's growth by simply choosing either the wrong path or sometimes the wrong skill. Sad

Diablo III looks fun, I just need to grab the PC version when it is cheap enough. Grin

02-01-2015, 12:46 PM
Information RE: Path of Exile
(02-01-2015 12:32 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote:  Yea, the skill tree is a bit much and you can seriously stunt your character's growth by simply choosing either the wrong path or sometimes the wrong skill. Sad

Diablo III looks fun, I just need to grab the PC version when it is cheap enough. Grin

Haha, well, Diablo III is indeed a great game. I've played since the release of the expansion and Blizzard has done quite a bit to rebalance and add new content to the game with frequent patches.

But, as you could expect, it's just another grind-fest. Sadly, I grew up on Diablo I and II, so it's hard for me to put it down.

I think after this Season is finished, I'll probably record some videos for YouTube and finally put it down. I've put in quite a bit of hours already, lol.

^_^
02-01-2015, 12:59 PM
Diablo 1 was fantastic and Diablo 2 didn't hold much interest though it is likely because I came to play it about 5-6 years or so after it came out so I was spoiled with other games. If you could zoom in and out in D2 I would rock that game hardcore.